Jermaine Dupri backward pants PHOTO at Kriss Kross' Chris Kelly funeral (VIDEO)
Jermaine Dupri attended the funeral of the late Kris Kross rapper Chris Kelly wearing his pants backwards as a tribute to him.
Chris Kelly, 34, was found dead May 1 of a suspected drug overdose. The sudden death of the Kriss Kross rapper had shocked his family and friends.
Kelly's funeral was held in Atlanta on May 9 at Jackson Baptist Memorial Church, attended by 300 friends, family and entertainers.
Kriss Kross hip hop partner Chris Smith remembered him in a tearful speech. "It's been a struggle for me every day, but there was a peace that came over me this morning because I know he's in heaven," Smith said, according to CBS. "We had so many memories. He was a true friend. He wanted to see if I was all right. So I just want to say I love you, man, and I'll miss you."
Kelly and Smith rose to worldwide fame in 1992 with their hit "Jump." They were discovered by Jermaine Dupri while they were performing in a shopping mall in Atlanta.
Kelly's mother, Donna Kelly Pratte, wept throughout the funeral and pleaded for the church deacons to not close the coffin on her child. She screamed, "Please don't close it. Please don't close it on my baby."
Kelly was known as "Mac Daddy" and Smith as "Daddy Mac". They were known for wearing their pants backwards, sparking a brief national trend.
"Jump" was their first and most successful song. Their debut album "Totally Krossed Out" went multiplatinum in 1992.
See the photo of Dupri wearing his pants backwards at Kelly's funeral HERE.
Watch Chris Kelly's funeral in the video below:
It's exciting to see how many Christian-themed movies are slowly getting more and more positive feedback from critics and viewers.
Justin Bieber, the world famous and Christian young pop singer with a troubled past, has thanked God for the improvements in his life since he was arrested three years ago.
- Why does Jesus refuse to help the Syro-Phoenician woman in Matthew 15?
- Why do people stop going to church – and what can we do about it?
- Christian pop singer Justin Bieber says, 'Thank God I'm not where I used to be'
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- St Anselm was one of the most influential Christians of the last 1,000 years. But who was he and what did he believe?
- Jewish and Muslim leaders warn against voting for 'dangerous' Marine Le Pen in French election
- Pope Francis issues video message to Egyptians, saying the world needs 'peace, love and mercy'
- Christian Pakistani family's 14-year old daughter kidnapped at gunpoint
- Can John Wesley teach us how to campaign in a general election?
- Who is the greatest Christian alive today?
- China bans religious names in ongoing crackdown