iPhone 6 Air and iPhablet to release in Q2 and Q3: Screen sizes confirmed to 4.7 and 5.5 inch?
Apple's next-generation smartphone(s) will most likely come with larger displays.
Rumors of an iPhone phablet and an iPhone 6 have been rampant, and latest reports state that the smartphones will come with both a 5.5 inch and 4.7 inch display respectively.
DisplaySearch's David Hsieh recently predicted that the phablet sized smartphone will feature a 5.5 inch display with a resolution of 1920x1080 at 401 ppi. The smaller 4.7 inch sized phone will have a resolution of 1600x900 with 386 ppi.
The purported 4.7 inch iPhone 6, dubbed the iPhone Air is also rumored to be ultra thin, coming in at only 6 mm thick. The currently iPhone 5S is 7.6mm thick, so the new phone will be significantly thinner than its predecessor.
The 5.5 inch iPhone phablet line may be the first handset to be released this year, possibly in May. The 4.7 inch iPhone Air will likely be unveiled in September.
Both phones will likely pack an upgraded A8 processor with dedicated M8 chip, 4GB RAM, 128 storage and improved fingerprint security features. The handsets have also been rumored to come in a 'liquidmetal' casing.
The iPhone 6 is expected to take further steps to ensure security and has been rumored to feature facial technology, which detects and recognizes actual faces. The company also acquired PrimeSense last year, which produces gesture-detecting sensors. This may mean that the phone may come with 3D motion sensors similar to that of the Kinect.
As the tablet market increases, Apple is said to be stepping up the game by upgrading the size of its flagship iPad. The rumored iPad Pro may have a whopping 12-inch retina display with a resolution of 2732x2048 at 264 ppi.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- St Anselm was one of the most influential Christians of the last 1,000 years. But who was he and what did he believe?
- Are Trump-supporting evangelicals isolating themselves from the unchurched they want to reach?
- 'The Selfish Gospel': Why salvation isn't all about me
- Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses? 5 things you should know
- Archaeologists uncover ancient Viking settlement underneath historic church ruins in Norway
- Many believe Ethiopia was the first country to accept Christianity – now for some it is being outlawed
- No bullet-proof glass for Pope Francis on Egypt visit
- Is this the oldest surviving image of the Virgin Mary?
- France now has a clear choice – which way will it turn?
- Persecuted Guatemalan pastor wins prestigious award for protecting his community