'Injustice 2' release date, news: Green Arrow vs. Firestorm seen in new trailer; game coming out on May 16
A new trailer for one of the much-awaited game titles this year has been revealed. Following the success of "Injustice: Gods Among Us" comes "Injustice 2," another exciting collaboration between Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios, and the latest sneak peek introduces a new character to the roster: Firestorm.
The first part of the trailer shows the nuclear man coming face-to-face with Green Arrow, wherein he gives the vigilante a taste of his killer flame-based attacks. This is then followed by a battle against Catwoman, who is beaten up and thrown into the sewers, and then a fight with Green Lantern, who gets to see Firestorm's alternate form with blue flames instead of red.
Another thing that will catch the spectators' attention is Killer Croc's cameo. He surprises the viewers when he appears out of the blue as Catwoman falls into the sewers mid-battle, during which the reptile–human hybrid smashes her against the brick walls and throws her back into the arena. This leaves people wondering if Killer Croc is going to be a playable character in the upcoming "Injustice 2" game or just simply an arena hazard.
In other news, it has been reported that the game will have a microtransaction system and "will avoid a pay-to-win scenario," according to GameSpot. This is based on the official announcement on the game's community forum wherein the admin confirms that the in-game currency will be in the form of Source Crystals, and that these will be used only for cosmetic adjustments, such as customizing character costumes and gear design, and not for anything that can affect the gameplay.
"Injustice 2" is set to offer the biggest roster of DC superheroes and villains. It is a continuation of the story introduced in "Injustice: Gods Among Us," which was released back in 2013. The new game is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 16.
Austin Carlile tweeted about the impact sharing his Christian faith has on his popularity but says it isn't going to stop him talking about God or Jesus to his fans.
Snoop Dogg shares preview clip of new Christian music project, 'Bible of Love', featuring gospel singer Fred Hammond
Snoop Dogg is giving the world a glimpse of his gospel music album, which already features a famous voice in gospel music, Fred Hammond.
- Is Justin Bieber quitting world tour to start his own church?
- Why we must open them every day: our 5-point plan to save Britain's churches
- Godfulness: What the Church can learn from a new (but old) kind of meditation
- What did Jesus mean when he condemned those who make children 'stumble'?
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Stage is set for the end times, believes John Hagee
- Israel removes metal detectors from Jerusalem mosque following bloody clashes; Palestine demands further repeal
- Anglican leader in Jamaica breaks ranks by calling for legalisation of sodomy
- Islamist militants in Kenya went house to house killing Christians
- Vatican shuts down fountains amid Italy drought, in line with Pope Francis' environment teachings
- Victory for campaigners as US judge blocks attempt to deport Iraqi Christians