'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' spoilers, cast news: 'Smallville' actor getting major role alongside Sylvester Stallone?
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" is just right around the corner and the hype is building for the highly anticipated Marvel film. Following the success of "Guardians of the Galaxy" in 2014 is the sequel that has just become more exciting with new characters introduced to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
In his interview on the "Adam Carolla Show" recently, "Guardians" director James Gunn revealed the names of the new additions to the cast who will be playing major roles in the upcoming movie. "We do have a couple of characters who are very important to the Marvel Universe who are going to make their debut in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' which people don't know about," he teased. After so, he finally spilled that the famous "Rocky" actor and the Lex Luthor actor from "Smallville" have made the cut. "Sylvester Stallone plays one of these characters . . . my friend Michael Rosenbaum also has a pretty decent role in the movie as well and it sort of works in tandem with Sly's character."
What exact roles the two actors will be playing in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" have not been revealed for now. According to Movie Pilot, a possible character that Rosenbaum could be playing is Adam Warlock, since he's been a "contentious subject for comic book fans." Viewers also saw his cocoon exploding at the end of "Guardians of the Galaxy," which could be a hint that he is going to appear in the sequel.
Last year, rumors had it that Stallone would be playing one of the Ravagers, but now this seems unlikely since it does not align with Gunn's statement that he will be playing a "key" character. However, the director told Yahoo! Studios that if fans kept looking for clues, they would be able to figure out Stallone's character.
The events in the sequel will take place a couple of months after the conclusion of the first film, according to Cinema Blend. "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" is set to hit theaters on May 5.
Actor Dennis Quaid promises new faith-based movie about MercyMe singer Bart Millard will be 'uplifting'
Actor Dennis Quaid will be starring in the upcoming film "I Can Only Imagine," which is based on the popular Christian song of the same name. Quaid says the movie highlights the power of a changed heart.
A British evangelist has told of how he led a woman to faith during a recent screening of Christian-themed movie The Shack.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law