Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower 2013: Peak Time Tonight, Watch Live May 5-6
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is expected to peak May 5. The peak time for the May meteor showers will be at 9 p.m. EDT, according to the International Meteor Organization (IMO).
For those in Europe, the star show can be watched in the early morning hours of May 6, just a few hours before dawn.
Those living stateside may even catch the shower earlier, on the morning of May 4.
The Eta Aquarids is definitely worth watching if the skies are clear.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is the first of two showers that occur each year as of the earth passes through flakes of dust from Halley's. This happens twice - in May and October.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower radiates within the constellation Aquarius, where viewers normally catch the "shooting stars."
The Orionids will be visible in the period where the earth passes through the dust of Halley's Comet in October.
The Lyrids meteor shower peaked April 22, but many viewers were disappointed due to the bright glow of the moon which prevented the best views.
The Lyrids began on April 16 and continued till April 25. Up to 100 meteors per hour were spotted. The meteors come from the constellation.
The Lyrid meteor shower happens every year in the middle of April when the Earth passes dusty debris from the Comet Thatcher. This meteor shower has been observed by mankind for at least 2,600 years.
Jo Swinney, author of Home, came in to Christian Today to talk about the quest to belong.
Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
From witnessing and experiencing the energy of the power of prayer and being part of painting'Golgotha', his version of the Stations of the Cross, Derek Culley came through two heart attacks and cancer with an inner calm and serenity that he has to this day when engaged in art and art making
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law