Downton Abbey Season 4 spoilers, cast news: Paul Giamatti's start date schedule - to premiere at Christmas alongside Shirley MacLaine
Downton Abbey Season 4 is eagerly anticipated by fans, and new spoilers and cast rumors are emerging concerning the upcoming season.
In recent news it has been confirmed that Oscar-nominated US actor Paul Giamatti is to join the cast of the hit ITV show. He will join the cast on the Christmas episode, and should be a great addition to the show.
Giamatti will star alongside Elizabeth McGovern as Harold, the brother of Lady Grantham.
Other cast rumors suggest that Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and actor Nigel Harman will appear in the 4th season of the hit TV show.
Gareth Neame, from production company Carnival Films, has said, "We're excited that Paul Giamatti will be joining us on Downton to play Cora's brother Harold, the rather free-spirited uncle to Mary and Edith."
He added, "We can't wait to see him work alongside Shirley MacLaine, who are both sure to upset the Granthams' apple cart in this year's Christmas Day episode."
The British-American drama has become hugely popular in the United States, and this is being reflected in the many new additions of American actors.
According to the BBC, 12.3 million Americans watched the finale of Season 3 on 17 February – that broke the viewership record for broadcaster PBS.
Giamatti is an established actor, having starred in numerous Hollywood movies, as well as winning Emmy and Golden Globe awards for his role as former US president John Adams.
He is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, where he is playing The Rhino.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Brexit's all very well – but what sort of Britain should Christians want to build?
- 'People all over the world are praying for you': Billy Graham chaplains help those affected by London terror
- 'Love divine, all loves excelling': 7 inspiring hymns by Charles Wesley
- How do evil spirits work? Can we inherit them from our ancestors?
- Was Christopher Columbus really a Jew fleeing persecution by the Spanish Inquisition?
- Christians are to the fore in efforts to find homes in the UK for thousands of Syrian refugees
- Render unto Caesar: The new pound coin has an uncomfortable message for the Church
- A Christian ministry brings healing to Jewish children and seniors in Ukraine
- A family in the United States is battling for the right to name their daughter 'Allah'
- Will Northern Ireland's political meltdown scupper Pope Francis' visit next year?
- Another Catholic priest killed in spiralling Mexico violence
- 'The devil's come down': How rape and murder are stalking the displaced of South Sudan
- Terror will never drive us apart, pledge Archbishops, Imams and Chief Rabbi
- Christian convert in prison in Iran is seriously ill and in urgent need of medical care
- Coptic Pope says Egyptian Christians' problems are 'minor', warns against 'harmful' exaggeration