'Dark Souls 3' DLC news: From Software interested in making VR version
"Dark Souls 3" could be the next game to get the virtual reality (VR) treatment as the action role-playing video game's producer Atsuo Yoshimura has recently expressed interest in bringing the game to the emerging platform.
In a live stream held before the Golden Joystick Awards, Yoshimura did an interview where he gave a resolved "yes" when asked if the game will be brought to VR.
He then clarified that his team is merely "hoping" to see "Dark Souls 3" in VR form. Should it happen, it is expected to be both a terrifying and an amazing experience, considering the nature of the game.
Many fans are believed to be on board the idea, and media outlets believe a game like "Dark Souls 3" will be interesting to experience in VR.
Interestingly, From Software president Hidetaka Miyazaki said that a couple of months back that they are moving on to new projects after the next downloadable content (DLC) for "Dark Souls 3" comes out.
During that time, he was adamant that it is time to "move away" from the franchise save for some "HD remakes," which he did not elaborate on.
However, he said that they are not completely closings its doors on "Dark Souls" for good. "I'm not completely denying the possibility of bringing back the franchise in the future," he said via Polygon.
"There could be someone else in my company who wants to work on new installments. But we believe that the series will end after the two DLC," he went to say.
Whether a VR version of "Dark Souls 3" counts in this statement or not remains to be seen. Yoshimura's remark, however, suggested that such project is something that the studio is actively talking about.
From what it looks like, this will not be the last time that From Software will talk about a "Dark Souls 3" VR.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law