Cow falls on man VIDEO: 1 ton animal fell through roof and landed on bed, crushing victim
A cow has fallen on a man, crushing him to death and injuring his wife in an extraordinary incident in Brazil last week. The Brazilian victim was called Joao Maria de Souza, 45, and he was killed when a large cow fell through the roof of his house, landing on him and his wife as they slept in bed.
A man has suffered an unusual death after a cow fell on him.
Joao Maria de Souza, 45, tragically died when a large cow fell through the roof of his house and landed on him and his wife as they laid in bed together.
The Brazilian man was crushed instantly by the cow, which is believed to have weight over a ton.
The cow is believed to have been crazing in the fields in the town of Caratinga, near Maria de Souza's house. It then somehow made its way onto the roof of the house, which was too weak to support the massive weight of the cow.
The victim was sleeping when the animal fell on him. He later died due to internal bleeding from injuries.
"Being crushed by a cow in your bed is the last way you expect to leave this earth," said the victim's brother. He said the time it took for paramedics to arrive was too long. "But in my view it wasn't the cow that killed our Joao, it was the unacceptable time he spent waiting to be examined."
The cow reportedly escaped from a nearby farm near the victim's house and had wandered off.
The investigation continues into the death of the man. His wife was reportedly uninjured.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Why does Jesus refuse to help the Syro-Phoenician woman in Matthew 15?
- Why do people stop going to church – and what can we do about it?
- Christian pop singer Justin Bieber says, 'Thank God I'm not where I used to be'
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- St Anselm was one of the most influential Christians of the last 1,000 years. But who was he and what did he believe?
- Jewish and Muslim leaders warn against voting for 'dangerous' Marine Le Pen in French election
- Pope Francis issues video message to Egyptians, saying the world needs 'peace, love and mercy'
- Christian Pakistani family's 14-year old daughter kidnapped at gunpoint
- Can John Wesley teach us how to campaign in a general election?
- Who is the greatest Christian alive today?
- China bans religious names in ongoing crackdown