Chicago Blackhawks vs Boston Bruins live stream: Watch Stanley Cup 2013 Finals online
Chicago Blackhawks vs Boston Bruins takes place in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup 2013 Finals on Wednesday night in a match up that has hockey lovers psyched. This year's Stanley Cup Finals clash will be between two Original Six teams, and will be two of the most balanced teams in the league this season.
The Bruins will be relived to have gotten here, after looking like they were on their way out in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs against Toronto. However, they fought back ferociously and overturned a seemingly lost situation to come through to the second round. Since that moment they have gone from strength to strength.
Meanwhile, the Blackhawks will be thanking their lucky stars they got here too, having been 3-1 down to the Red Wings in the semifinals. However, they never gave up and took it one game at a time to win three straight and make it through to the Conference Finals. There, they took down last year's champions, the Kings, and they have fully deserved their spot in the Stanley Cup Finals tonight.
The Bruins have a strong offensive lineup; even though many thought they would struggle in the Conference Finals they scored nine goals in the first two games, and that has changed the way some look at their side coming into this final.
Meanwhile for the Blackhawks Patrick Sharp has been lethal on the offense, scoring eight goals in the Playoffs, making him the second highest scorer in the postseason.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Boston Bruins in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup 2013 Finals Game 1 starts at 8 p.m. ET.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Brian Houston, Hillsong pastor and founder, reflects on God's unlimited love
- Who was the meanest man in the Bible?
- Selfie-obsessed tourists threaten church 'sacred space', says Oxford priest
- 700 child refugees from South Sudan every week: 700 World Vision bears on St Paul's stairs
- Why we need to start honouring young people as theologians
- After surviving breast cancer, this Christian woman has come up with a new programme to help other trauma sufferers
- The wisdom of John Stott: 9 quotes from a giant of 20th century evangelicalism
- Why the gospel made me give up fast fashion
- She was naked, her hair in the Egyptian style, when the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem
- Peaceful end to Friday prayers in Jerusalem ushers in hopes of calm ahead
- Reprieve for Iranian Christian who threatened to starve himself to death
- God can sometimes be silent, but he is never absent: Brian Houston talks to Christian Today
- Hundreds of Muslims converting to Christianity in Finland, churches say
- Missionary held captive with ISIS jihadis begged God to free him - until he brought cellmates to Jesus and realized his suffering had a purpose
- Radical feminist group claims responsibility for Mexico bishops HQ bombing