'Bones' season 12 episode 11 spoilers: cast bids goodbye in retrospective special; Cyndi Lauper returns
The team takes on old wounds and new beginnings in the upcoming episode of "Bones" season 12.
Titled "The Final Chapter: The Day in the Life," next week's penultimate episode will feature the return of fan-favorite guest star Cyndi Lauper. According to the official synopsis, each main character's final story will be explored. Angela (Michaela Conlin) announces some big news, Jessica (Laura Spencer) and James (John Boyd) come to terms about the future of their relationship, while Dr. Brennan (Emily Deschanel) goes in trial to testify for Zack (Eric Millegan).
Later, the team is shocked upon learning that Mark (Gerard Celasco) has escaped. Seeley (David Boreanaz) is left in a race against the clock to protect not only himself, but also those closest to him. Mark, on the other hand, plots his most dangerous plan yet.
Lauper reprises her role as Avalon, Angela's trusted psychic. She was last seen in the season 10 episode titled "The Psychic in the Soup," when the team investigated a case that involved the remains of another psychic being discovered inside a tree.
After a 12-year run, "Bones" officially ends later this month as the longest-running scripted series on FOX. Fans are obviously not ready to say goodbye yet, so the network released a new 22-minute special video showing the final days of filming. The cast and crew got together to look back on the show's 12 seasons, as well as share untold stories and inside jokes.
Conlin revealed during the interview that early versions of the pilot episode were very different from the series that made it on air. However, the creator Hart Hanson's motivation behind developing the program was still the same. "[Hanson] wanted young people to watch the show and say, 'I want to do that for a living,'" the actress shared.
Spoiler-wary fans are advised to watch the special after the finale as it features images and footages from the last episode.
The 12th and final season of "Bones" airs every Tuesday at 9 p.m. EDT on FOX.
Just weeks after unveiling his new Christian-themed tattoos, pop star and born again Christian Justin Bieber was spotted in LA carrying his Bible.
In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the villain is a million-year-old deity who created himself and the world around him. Martin Saunders gives it four stars ****
- President Trump's first 100 days: What has he achieved so far?
- Can Pope Francis do anything to help Egypt's Christians?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 review: an atheist's God from beyond the stars
- What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the vine'?
- Five inspiring TED talks you should watch this weekend
- 'He gives wisdom to the wise': 11 Bible verses about leadership
- Christians aren't reading the Bible. Why not, and what can we do about it?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach
- Ever feel people don't like you? Maybe it's a spiritual gift
- Pope, at Cairo Mass, urges unity against fanaticism
- Saudi Arabia 'not paying its fair share' towards defence, says Trump
- German finance minister warns: No free lunch for Britain in Brexit negotiations
- Pentagon admits friendly fire may have killed US troops in Afghanistan
- Executed man was 'coughing and convulsing', lawyer calls for probe
- North Korea test-fires ballistic missile in defiance of world pressure