'Arrow' season 5 episode 17 spoilers: Prometheus tried to bring down Oliver; Talia to appear in present timeline
Oliver (Stephen Amell) reaches his breaking point in the upcoming episode of The CW's "Arrow" season 5.
Titled "Kapiushon," next week's episode will see Prometheus (voiced by Michael Dorn) resort to extreme measures to break Oliver. In the flashbacks, Anatoly (guest star David Nykl) grows concerned over Oliver's increasingly violent tendencies. When he confronts Oliver about his behavior, a brutal confrontation between the two characters ensues.
As Comicbook.com points out, the title might be a bastardization of "Капюшон," a Russian term that means "hood." This interpretation makes sense because the flashback scenes are setting up Oliver as the person he was when the show started out. Once he comes back to Star City, his character would later be known as "The Hood."
It is believed that Anatoly will use his influence within the Bratva to send Oliver back to Lian Yu after their disagreement. Considering how Anatoly was also there at one point, it seems plausible that he will consider sending Oliver there for his own good and security.
Meanwhile, actress Lexa Doig has been portraying Talia for much of the show's current season. Although she was introduced in the past timeline, executive producer Marc Guggenheim recently confirmed that Talia will soon be making her way to the show's present-day Star City.
"We will see her in the present day," the EP told Entertainment Weekly. "What she wants from Oliver in the past is very different from what she wants from him in the present."
Guggenheim also mentioned that Oliver has never really heard Talia's last name, so he still does not know she is related to Ra's. "Oliver couldn't have heard it, because if he had, when Ra's talked about his daughter he'd be like, 'Yeah, the other daughter, I met her back in Russia,'" he explained. "We were very cognizant not to retcon anything. So yes, she is Talia al Ghul, but Oliver obviously doesn't know that."
The fifth season of "Arrow" airs every Wednesday at 8 p.m. EDT on The CW.
Actor Dennis Quaid promises new faith-based movie about MercyMe singer Bart Millard will be 'uplifting'
Actor Dennis Quaid will be starring in the upcoming film "I Can Only Imagine," which is based on the popular Christian song of the same name. Quaid says the movie highlights the power of a changed heart.
A British evangelist has told of how he led a woman to faith during a recent screening of Christian-themed movie The Shack.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law