Android Nougat 7.0 release date: Get Android Nougat on 2013 Google Nexus 7
Speculations suggest that Google has amped up its requirements for the new Android Nougat platform, so most users will have to resort to custom ROMs to check out the new version. One such device is the 2013 Google Nexus 7.
XDA Developers has managed to pool resources with third-party developers to install Android Nougat 7.0 on the Nexus 7 slate, even though Google has stopped supporting the device for some time. Meanwhile, as with custom ROMs, the developers are still checking out the entire platform, since it is only the first version of the custom ROM.
Nonetheless, the first impressions it made are favorable. According to Android Headlines, the custom ROM seems to be quite stable, even if it is the first version of Android Nougat for the Nexus 7. All connectivity options work, as well as the sensors. However, the industry follower cautioned that, since the custom ROM is still in its first stages, there are a number of known bugs that are on the platform. One such glitch is reflected on the device's video capture features, resulting in poor quality 1080p video recording when the device runs on the Android Nougat ROM
Meanwhile, since the Android Nougat 7.0 version for the Nexus 7 is a custom ROM, users will need to have basic tech skills before trying it out. The custom ROM needs an unlocked bootloader for the Nexus 7 device, as well as custom recovery features installed.
Although Google has released the Nexus 7 way back in 2012, having the custom Android Nougat ROM for the device is timely. Speculations suggest that Google will be refreshing the lineup, and will come out with another 7-inch slate before the year ends. However, it is unclear if it will be a direct follow-up for the Nexus 7 tablet since there are rumors that Google may rebrand it as part of the Pixel lineup.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Was Jesus an extremist? 1 in 5 Brits thinks so
- Is the sidelining of religion a root cause of our mental health crisis?
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- A boy wrote to Pope Francis inviting him on a pilgrimage for sick children. He received a remarkable reply
- Tearfund's research into the faith of refugees is showing how religion is part of the solution, not just part of the problem
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay after bloody Palestinian clash
- Iraqi forces claim to have captured 16-year-old girl who ran away from Germany to marry ISIS jihadi
- More Christians handed harsh prison sentences in Iran; is Tehran afraid that Christianity is growing in the country?
- Muslim teenager goes to Christian camp to get close to his girl crush but ends up falling in love with Jesus instead