Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, HTC One [GUIDE]
The latest firmware by Android(4.2.2 Jelly Bean) is expected to be available for the Samsung Galaxy S3/Galaxy Note by the end of June, but for those who want to update the phone to the latest firmware now can do so through the SlimBean Build 6 Rom, created by the team at SlimRom. However, this update is only available to those who have the Samsung Galaxy 3 GT-19300 model or the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 model.
Features ported into the latest Rom include added TruView for the camera, improvesments to T9 dialer, added DC-HSPA+ to framework, and transparent incoming phone calls. Bugs have also been fixed, including NFC bugs and BT MAP requests.
Click here for the full guide to installing the update for the Galaxy 3 GT-19300 model.
The the SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 6 ROM for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 model can be downloaded here. Information, download links, instructions, and pre-requisites for the ROM for the Note is available here.
Meanwhile, the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean will be rolling out for the HTC One in the coming weeks.
A Russian HTC Executive tweeted that the software update will be available by the end of this month via the OTA (over the air) update. The HTC One Android 4.2.2 update is currently being rolled out internationally for SIM-free and unlocked handsets but carrier-locked devices will have to wait a few more weeks.
Meanwhile the HTC One Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Google Edition is slated for a June 26 release.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- South Sudan's child refugees in mental health crisis: 150,000 need therapy for post-conflict trauma
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500