4th of July fireworks DC: 'A Capitol Fourth' live stream on PBS, Watch Washington D.C. parade online [Route map]
Millions of Americans will be gathering at major city destinations to celebrate Independence Day today on 4th of July.
Washington D.C., the national's capital, will hold its own concert and fireworks show, including a parade.
The parade will begin at 11:45 a.m. featuring 300 floats, bands and military units. The parade route will be along the Constitutional Avenue and 7th Street NW. Live streaming of the parade is available HERE.
Apart from the parade, the concert and fireworks show, titled "A Capitol Fourth," hosted by Tom Bergeron, will be broadcast live on PBS. The performance lineup includes Neil Diamond, Candice Glover, Barry Manilow, Scotty McCreery, Darren Criss, Megan Hilty, and many more. The National Symphony Orchestra will also be featured.
The live stream coverage of "A Capitol Fourth" can be seen HERE from 8 p.m. ET. The celebrations will feature a live cannon fire provided by the United States Army Presidential Salute Battery.
Fireworks are expected to light up the sky at 9 p.m.
For those who want to head out to the capital to watch the fireworks, one of the best places will be the National Mall and Lincoln Memorial.
Entry to The Mall will begin at 10 a.m. and all visitors will be inspected to pass through checkpoints.
The free Smithsonian Folklife Festival will start at 11 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. There will be free music and dance performances, arts and crafts, and storytelling.
See the map of the parade route below:
View National Independence Day Parade Route in a larger map
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Was Jesus an extremist? 1 in 5 Brits thinks so
- Is the sidelining of religion a root cause of our mental health crisis?
- O.J. Simpson says he wishes he had 'been a better Christian' as he's granted parole
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay after bloody Palestinian clash
- Iraqi forces claim to have captured 16-year-old girl who ran away from Germany to marry ISIS jihadi
- More Christians handed harsh prison sentences in Iran; is Tehran afraid that Christianity is growing in the country?
- Muslim teenager goes to Christian camp to get close to his girl crush but ends up falling in love with Jesus instead
- Notorious drug dealer finds Jesus and becomes a pastor after reading the Bible in prison
- 'Shocking verdict' as Egypt court sentences 28 to death over 2015 prosecutor killing