105-year-old bacon woman (video): Pearl Cantrell credits eating bacon every day for her long life
A 105-year-old woman is claiming that the secret to her long life is eating bacon.
Pearl Cantrell of Texas said she eats bacon everyday. "I love bacon, I eat it every day," she told the Big Country Homepage.
She told local TV station KMSS that she encourages others to eat bacon too. "I want other people to eat bacon, I tell them to. My kids all eat it."
The elderly woman was treated to a ride in the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile in celebration of her long life. She was also given some bacon by the company and will be receiving more in the future.
Cantrell has lived longer than her husband and three of her seven children. Despite her age, she continues to the do tasks and activities she loves, such as sewing and dancing
Cantrell's daughter Anno told the Big Country Homepage: "She's taught us to work hard and to get up every morning and think about living. She's never thought about dying."
Cantrell recently celebrated her birthday with over 200 guests over a period of three days.
Research has showed that eating too much bacon may increase the rise of bowel cancer, but the case seems to be different for Cantrell nonetheless.
Hard work is often seen as the only key to success but this isn't the case for Christians.
Coffee lovers may now celebrate as researchers have some good news about the amount of coffee you can drink in a day.
- Could you go to Pippa Middleton's wedding, even if not invited?
- Why does Jesus refuse to help the Syro-Phoenician woman in Matthew 15?
- Why do people stop going to church – and what can we do about it?
- Christian pop singer Justin Bieber says, 'Thank God I'm not where I used to be'
- The faith perspective: How Psalm 33 speaks to our political reality
- London's fire-fighting bishop: Who was St Mellitus?
- Why does Jesus say 'If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven'?
- 'The Promise': An in-depth interview with the producer of this unmissable movie for Christians
- Security dominates French election after shooting
- German evangelical church apologises for role in Namibian genocide
- Pope Francis gives TED talk calling for for 'tenderness' revolution
- Jewish and Muslim leaders warn against voting for 'dangerous' Marine Le Pen in French election
- Pope Francis issues video message to Egyptians, saying the world needs 'peace, love and mercy'
- Christian Pakistani family's 14-year old daughter kidnapped at gunpoint
- Can John Wesley teach us how to campaign in a general election?