105-year-old bacon woman (video): Pearl Cantrell credits eating bacon every day for her long life
A 105-year-old woman is claiming that the secret to her long life is eating bacon.
Pearl Cantrell of Texas said she eats bacon everyday. "I love bacon, I eat it every day," she told the Big Country Homepage.
She told local TV station KMSS that she encourages others to eat bacon too. "I want other people to eat bacon, I tell them to. My kids all eat it."
The elderly woman was treated to a ride in the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile in celebration of her long life. She was also given some bacon by the company and will be receiving more in the future.
Cantrell has lived longer than her husband and three of her seven children. Despite her age, she continues to the do tasks and activities she loves, such as sewing and dancing
Cantrell's daughter Anno told the Big Country Homepage: "She's taught us to work hard and to get up every morning and think about living. She's never thought about dying."
Cantrell recently celebrated her birthday with over 200 guests over a period of three days.
Research has showed that eating too much bacon may increase the rise of bowel cancer, but the case seems to be different for Cantrell nonetheless.
We can think we've grown in faith just because we've been Christian for a long time. But the real way to measure our growth in the faith is this.
Despite God's immense worth, many of us fear taking risks to serve Him, honor Him, and please Him.
- President Trump's first 100 days: What has he achieved so far?
- Can Pope Francis do anything to help Egypt's Christians?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 review: an atheist's God from beyond the stars
- What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the vine'?
- Five inspiring TED talks you should watch this weekend
- 'He gives wisdom to the wise': 11 Bible verses about leadership
- Christians aren't reading the Bible. Why not, and what can we do about it?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach
- Ever feel people don't like you? Maybe it's a spiritual gift
- Polls show Labour gaining on Tories, though still trailing
- Trump at 100 days rally: 'I'm just getting started'
- As floods and mudslides devastate Peru, victims ask for Bibles
- Former terrorist, rebel leader and drug trafficker, now a courageous pastor in Mexico
- Middle East Christians receive support from an unlikely place - the Muslim royal family
- Pope, at Cairo Mass, urges unity against fanaticism