Zip-tied 4-year-old was tied to gate by cruel parents (video); left with bruises on wrists and arms
A North Carolina couple has been accused of using zip ties to tie their 4-year-old daughter's wrists and hands to a baby gate. Gerald Thomas Swinehart and Marlaine Victoria Coffey have been taken into police custody and remain prison as they face charges of intentional child abuse. The child has been taken away from their custody.
Swinehart, 26, is also accused of breaking her child's lower teeth after hitting her in the face earlier this year. She required medical attention but was not removed from her parent's home until March 31. Arrest warrants for the parents claimed that the girl suffered bruises to her wrists and ankles from the zip ties.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Coffey, 28, has been set at $50,000 bond. Swinehart's is set at $100,000. Both may face a long prison sentence for the alleged abuse if found guilty. Swinehart is charged with two counts of intentional abuse inflicting serious physical injury, and Coffey is charged with one count. It is not known whether the pair has attorneys to represent them.
They knew it would take a miracle to get them out of Evin Prison, Iran's most notorious prison. And it did.
Muslim and Christian leaders in the United States have condemned the vandalism of an Assyrian church with graffiti that references the killings of 185,000 Middle Eastern Christians.
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- Turkey Crackdown Turns On US Christians, Analysts Warn
- Italy In Turmoil After It Rejects Renzi Reforms
- Putin Says Trump 'Clever', Will Understand New Responsibilities
- Rebels Say They Won't Leave Aleppo; Syrian Army Sees Operation Over In Weeks
- Mourners Gather At Church To Remember Oakland Fire Victims