Xiaomi Mi 5S release date, specs rumors: handset to be announced on Sept. 27
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi gears up for the release of the Xiaomi Mi 5S line next week.
The brand has reportedly begun sending out invites for the media launch of their newest flagship products that will be held at the China National Convention Centre in Beijing on Tuesday, Sept. 27.
While the press invites did not mention which product will be launched on the said date, it reportedly comes with a huge "S" in the middle. It could only mean that the highly anticipated flagship smartphone is about to make its first public appearance.
Xiaomi Mi 5S will reportedly come out with a 5.15-inch touchscreen display with 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution. It will be equipped with a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset, a 2x2.4 GHz Kryo and 2x2.0 GHz Kryo quad-core processor, and an Adreno 530 GPU.
While it may not have a dedicated card slot for memory expansion, the upcoming device is rumored to come with 128 GB or 256 GB built-in memory and 6 GB of RAM. It is also expected to have the 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, NFC, and GPS connectivity options.
In terms of cameras, the Xiaomi Mi 5S will reportedly have a 16-megapixel primary shooter, with dual-LED flash and phase detection autofocus, and a four-megapixel front facing snapper.
Other rumored features include the possibility of having the latest Snapdragon Sense ID technology from Qualcomm, an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor that users can see just under the device's front display, and a 3D curved screen. All the said features are rumored to be powered by a 3,490mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Mi 5S is also expected to have a ceramic body, just like its predecessor, known as Xiaomi Mi 5, which came out in April this year.
The confirmed specs and details about the release of Xiaomi Mi 5S is expected to be fully released after the event next Tuesday.
The Christian band Casting Crowns has reached a career milestone with over 10 million albums sold, and they are planning to increase numbers ever since the release of their new album called "The Very Next Thing."
Christian NBA star Jeremy Lin — whose amazing exploits with the New York Knicks in 2012 sparked a global following known as "Linsanity" — is going to appear in the pages of the Marvel comic book "Totally Awesome Hulk," which is due for release this December.
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- 5 New Testament Passages Your Pastor Has (Probably) Never Preached On
- Christian event disrupted by extremists who oppose non-Jewish activities in Israel
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Twelve Killed In Iraq In First Attack Of Its Kind Since 2015