XBox One pre-order: Gamestop sold out; Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and Microsoft Store still in stock
Pre-orders for Microsoft's Xbox One have been halted by Gamestop retailers after reaching the maximum orders for its "Xbox One Day One Edition."
The retailer reportedly reached its capped allocated allotment last weekend for the latest gaming console.
According to Polygon, stores across the nation have stopped taking in pre-orders for the Xbox One, but pre-orders for Sony's Playstation 4 continues.
A Gamestop spokesperson told Polygon: "Due to high demand, GameStop is not taking additional store reservations for the Xbox One Day One Edition. However, reservations can still be made at www.gamestop.com ... In the meantime, the Xbox One wireless controller and top Xbox One games like: Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, and Kinect Sports Rivals are available for pre-order at all GameStop stores or online."
Although in-store pre-orders have ceased for now in Gamestop retailers, customers may still pre-order the console at Gamestop's online site.
It is not clear whether pre-orders for the Xbox One have maxed out due to popularity or because the per-store allocations are smaller than the Playstation 4.
According to Escapist Magazine, a store manager from California said: "We were only given an allocation of 16 Xbox Ones, but we have 60 PlayStation 4s and we're still taking orders."
The Xbox One "Day One Edition" is still available for pre-order at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and the Microsoft Store.
Sony's Playstation 4 is also available for pre-order on Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. The demand for the PS4 has been very high and online retailer Amazon has already sold out its limited supply of PS4 last week.
The online giant has now split the order of the PS4s, with customers being given one of two listings. For those lucky enough to pre-order the console before the first batch sold out, they have been assigned the "Launch Edition", which means that they will receive the console on the first day of its release.
A message from Amazon to customers who bought the Launch Edition reads:
"Thank you for pre-ordering the Playstation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers. We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical."
WWE Royal Rumble 2017 rumors: Samoa Joe Standing In The Way Of An Undertaker Victory In San Antonio?
The WWE Royal Rumble 2017 is nearly upon us and fans are hedging their bets as to who will win when The Undertaker and Goldberg enter into the ring.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
- Monster Or Messiah: How Should The Church Respond To Donald Trump?
- Pope Francis: Christians Face Daily Battle With Satan
- 'Can I get a witness?' Whatever happened to sharing our testimonies?
- It's Been 500 Years Since The Reformation. Now Is The Time To Admit We Need Each Other
- What Does The Bible Have To Say About A Trump Presidency?
- Truth And Justice Meet: Why We Should Celebrate The Freedom Of Chelsea Manning
- Unsatisfied At Work? Here's How To Find Fulfilment
- Auschwitz Memorial Museum Director Appeals For Death Camp Staff Documents
- Real Christian Men Do This
- Israel To Build Hundreds Of New Settlements: 'We Can Build Where We Want'
- Gambians Celebrate Jammeh Flight To Exile: 'Allah Has Decided This Is The End'
- Vietnamese Buddhist Farmer Turns to Christ and Becomes an Evangelist After Jesus Heals His Wife
- Donald Trump, 45th U.S. President, Is 'Secular Cyrus' Prophesied In Isaiah 45, Says Christian Leader
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Strikes Back At Critical Priests, Asks Them, 'What Is Your Moral Ascendancy?'
- Women's March: Hundreds Of Thousands Of Feminist Protesters Gather In Washington Against Trump Agenda