XBox One pre-order: Gamestop sold out; Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and Microsoft Store still in stock
Pre-orders for Microsoft's Xbox One have been halted by Gamestop retailers after reaching the maximum orders for its "Xbox One Day One Edition."
The retailer reportedly reached its capped allocated allotment last weekend for the latest gaming console.
According to Polygon, stores across the nation have stopped taking in pre-orders for the Xbox One, but pre-orders for Sony's Playstation 4 continues.
A Gamestop spokesperson told Polygon: "Due to high demand, GameStop is not taking additional store reservations for the Xbox One Day One Edition. However, reservations can still be made at www.gamestop.com ... In the meantime, the Xbox One wireless controller and top Xbox One games like: Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, and Kinect Sports Rivals are available for pre-order at all GameStop stores or online."
Although in-store pre-orders have ceased for now in Gamestop retailers, customers may still pre-order the console at Gamestop's online site.
It is not clear whether pre-orders for the Xbox One have maxed out due to popularity or because the per-store allocations are smaller than the Playstation 4.
According to Escapist Magazine, a store manager from California said: "We were only given an allocation of 16 Xbox Ones, but we have 60 PlayStation 4s and we're still taking orders."
The Xbox One "Day One Edition" is still available for pre-order at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and the Microsoft Store.
Sony's Playstation 4 is also available for pre-order on Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. The demand for the PS4 has been very high and online retailer Amazon has already sold out its limited supply of PS4 last week.
The online giant has now split the order of the PS4s, with customers being given one of two listings. For those lucky enough to pre-order the console before the first batch sold out, they have been assigned the "Launch Edition", which means that they will receive the console on the first day of its release.
A message from Amazon to customers who bought the Launch Edition reads:
"Thank you for pre-ordering the Playstation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers. We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical."
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- In France, People Who Speak Against Abortion Will Now Be Treated As Criminals
- Christian Astrophysicist Sees Little Chance Of Alien Life In New Earth-Size Planets Discovered By NASA
- Christian Family Of ISIS Suicide Bomber Believe He Was 'Brainwashed'
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria