XBox One pre-order: Gamestop sold out; Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and Microsoft Store still in stock
Pre-orders for Microsoft's Xbox One have been halted by Gamestop retailers after reaching the maximum orders for its "Xbox One Day One Edition."
The retailer reportedly reached its capped allocated allotment last weekend for the latest gaming console.
According to Polygon, stores across the nation have stopped taking in pre-orders for the Xbox One, but pre-orders for Sony's Playstation 4 continues.
A Gamestop spokesperson told Polygon: "Due to high demand, GameStop is not taking additional store reservations for the Xbox One Day One Edition. However, reservations can still be made at www.gamestop.com ... In the meantime, the Xbox One wireless controller and top Xbox One games like: Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, and Kinect Sports Rivals are available for pre-order at all GameStop stores or online."
Although in-store pre-orders have ceased for now in Gamestop retailers, customers may still pre-order the console at Gamestop's online site.
It is not clear whether pre-orders for the Xbox One have maxed out due to popularity or because the per-store allocations are smaller than the Playstation 4.
According to Escapist Magazine, a store manager from California said: "We were only given an allocation of 16 Xbox Ones, but we have 60 PlayStation 4s and we're still taking orders."
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
The Xbox One "Day One Edition" is still available for pre-order at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and the Microsoft Store.
Sony's Playstation 4 is also available for pre-order on Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. The demand for the PS4 has been very high and online retailer Amazon has already sold out its limited supply of PS4 last week.
The online giant has now split the order of the PS4s, with customers being given one of two listings. For those lucky enough to pre-order the console before the first batch sold out, they have been assigned the "Launch Edition", which means that they will receive the console on the first day of its release.
A message from Amazon to customers who bought the Launch Edition reads:
"Thank you for pre-ordering the Playstation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers. We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical."
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- 'Father Forgive': How One Christian Woman Learnt To Forgive Her Husband's Murderers
- Are You Living With A Ten-Verse Bible? Here's Why It's So Dangerous For Your Spiritual Health
- Faith, Hope, And Politics: The Book You Need To Read In 2017
- Would Jesus Burn The Stars And Stripes?
- 3 Biblical Truths To Stand On When The World Shakes
- 7 Tips For Making The Most Of A Short Term Mission Trip
- Hurricane Matthew Three Months On: Deadly Disease Threatens Thousands Of Lives In Haiti
- Stripped, Beaten and Killed: The Christian Mother Who Fell Victim To Mob Violence In India
- More People Turning to Christ in Nepal, Which Now Hosts Over 1 Million Believers and 8,000 Churches
- Christians From Egypt Seek Refuge in Cyprus After Experiencing Brutal Persecution
- ISIS Launches Radio Phone-In Show For Terrorists With Personal Problems; Hot Topics Include Whether Women Can Watch Execution Videos
- Christian Couple Rewarded for Their Faith as Their Conjoined Twins Survive Risky Separation Surgeries