XBox One pre-order: Gamestop sold out; Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and Microsoft Store still in stock
Pre-orders for Microsoft's Xbox One have been halted by Gamestop retailers after reaching the maximum orders for its "Xbox One Day One Edition."
The retailer reportedly reached its capped allocated allotment last weekend for the latest gaming console.
According to Polygon, stores across the nation have stopped taking in pre-orders for the Xbox One, but pre-orders for Sony's Playstation 4 continues.
A Gamestop spokesperson told Polygon: "Due to high demand, GameStop is not taking additional store reservations for the Xbox One Day One Edition. However, reservations can still be made at www.gamestop.com ... In the meantime, the Xbox One wireless controller and top Xbox One games like: Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, and Kinect Sports Rivals are available for pre-order at all GameStop stores or online."
Although in-store pre-orders have ceased for now in Gamestop retailers, customers may still pre-order the console at Gamestop's online site.
It is not clear whether pre-orders for the Xbox One have maxed out due to popularity or because the per-store allocations are smaller than the Playstation 4.
According to Escapist Magazine, a store manager from California said: "We were only given an allocation of 16 Xbox Ones, but we have 60 PlayStation 4s and we're still taking orders."
The Xbox One "Day One Edition" is still available for pre-order at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and the Microsoft Store.
Sony's Playstation 4 is also available for pre-order on Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. The demand for the PS4 has been very high and online retailer Amazon has already sold out its limited supply of PS4 last week.
The online giant has now split the order of the PS4s, with customers being given one of two listings. For those lucky enough to pre-order the console before the first batch sold out, they have been assigned the "Launch Edition", which means that they will receive the console on the first day of its release.
A message from Amazon to customers who bought the Launch Edition reads:
"Thank you for pre-ordering the Playstation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers. We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical."
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- 10 Challenging Quotes From St Francis Of Assisi That Will Change The Way You View Faith
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Corbyn: Labour Can Learn Lessons From Faith Groups' Unity
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Why Are So Many Mexican Priests Being Killed?
- Two Dozen Christians Deported From Saudi Arabia For Praying
- Shocking Rise In Child Rape In Sierra Leone
- Pastor kills himself after mistakenly sending his nude photos intended for his mistress to church members instead
- Filipino church worker who survived terror bombing still thanks God despite death of his wife and son
- ISIS tortures 6 boys to death with use of welding tools; 3 kids caught playing soccer get 30 lashes each