Windows 8.1 release date: download 'BLUE' today, unveiled at Microsoft BUILD developer's conference
Microsoft is expected to release the Windows Blue 8.1 to developers today at the annual BUILD conference which will kick off at 9 a.m. PT in San Francisco.
The version that will be released Wednesday is officially for developers and Microsoft's partners, but anyone will be able to start downloading the free update starting today. The official release date of Windows 8.1 for the public has not yet been announced.
Among the added features of Windows 8.1 will be a start button that will let users automatically shut down from the start screen. The lack of a start button which was so familiar in other Windows versions has been among the complaints received by the tech company.
Apart from the release of the Windows update, fans are hoping that Microsoft will unveil a smaller 7 or 8-inch version of its popular Surface tablet computers.
Microsoft's Vice President Steve Guggenheimer gave a preview of what will happen at the 2013 BUILD Conference on the official Microsoft Blog.
"At Build 2013 this week in San Francisco, we will showcase how developers, app builder and companies of all sizes can create experience on the Windows platform to engage consumers, empower employees, solve problem and drive companies.
"We will talk about how developers of all types will be able to use Microsoft's broad portfolio of product level capabilities spanning our devices and services, and show how these capabilities can be used together to address the needs of today's developers."
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- 5 New Testament Passages Your Pastor Has (Probably) Never Preached On
- Christian event disrupted by extremists who oppose non-Jewish activities in Israel
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Twelve Killed In Iraq In First Attack Of Its Kind Since 2015