Windows 8.1 release date: download 'BLUE' today, unveiled at Microsoft BUILD developer's conference
Microsoft is expected to release the Windows Blue 8.1 to developers today at the annual BUILD conference which will kick off at 9 a.m. PT in San Francisco.
The version that will be released Wednesday is officially for developers and Microsoft's partners, but anyone will be able to start downloading the free update starting today. The official release date of Windows 8.1 for the public has not yet been announced.
Among the added features of Windows 8.1 will be a start button that will let users automatically shut down from the start screen. The lack of a start button which was so familiar in other Windows versions has been among the complaints received by the tech company.
Apart from the release of the Windows update, fans are hoping that Microsoft will unveil a smaller 7 or 8-inch version of its popular Surface tablet computers.
Microsoft's Vice President Steve Guggenheimer gave a preview of what will happen at the 2013 BUILD Conference on the official Microsoft Blog.
"At Build 2013 this week in San Francisco, we will showcase how developers, app builder and companies of all sizes can create experience on the Windows platform to engage consumers, empower employees, solve problem and drive companies.
"We will talk about how developers of all types will be able to use Microsoft's broad portfolio of product level capabilities spanning our devices and services, and show how these capabilities can be used together to address the needs of today's developers."
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Christian festival bingo: 14 things you'll definitely spot this summer
- 'This world still brims with glory': It's time to rediscover our sense of hope
- Paul Harcourt: It's been a difficult season for New Wine, but we've come out strong
- 3 reasons why giving can be spiritually dangerous
- The one argument that might make a hardline atheist stop and think...
- China's Muslims under threat of religious persecution
- Mike Pence: the evangelical former Catholic who may yet save Donald Trump
- Soul Survivor on the move, last year for sister festival Momentum
- Erdogan shuts schools and charities as he tightens grip on Turkey
- Ted Cruz 'not a Christian' after refusing to endorse Trump
- FBI special agent called out for omitting God from U.S. Pledge of Allegiance
- Have Western churches and governments abandoned millions of Christians in this 'fractured country'?
- Christianity is this ancient country's key to survival: Where people defend their faith 'to the last drop of blood'
- New exhibition at Durham shows spread of early Christianity in Britain