Flappy Bird cheats and tips: Why was the hit tapping game deleted?
The wildly popular Flappy Bird game has been taken down from app stores by its Vietnam-based creator Dong Nguyen on Feb. 9, 2014.
The games creator gave fans less than 24 hours notice when he tweeted: "I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore."
The game has since been taken down from Apple's app store and Android's Google Play store.
Nguyen reportedly earned $50,000 a day from ads displayed on Flappy Bird and it is not known what the exact reasons were for grounding the game.
Flappy Bird ranked number one on both Apple and Android app stores and has been downloaded over 50 million times.
Users flocked to the app stores to download the Flappy Bird before it was removed. Those who have already downloaded the game can keep playing.
Nguyen also tweeted that he will not be selling Flappy bird to anyone and that his decision to pull the game is not "anything related to legal issues." He tweeted, " I just cannot keep it anymore."
Though he created the game, Nguyen previously expressed how his own game ruined his life. "I can call 'Flappy Bird' is a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it."
The game was launched in May 2013, but its popularity soared in mid-January 2014.
Fans of the game are curious as to why the game was removed.
Here are some possible theories:
- For those who played Flappy Bird, you might find a striking resemblance between Nintendo's Mario Bros games with its pixelated pipes and color scheme. Nguyen could have taken the game down before Nintendo waged a legal battle against him, although he did state that it had nothing to do with legal issues.
- The sudden announcement of the game's removal prompted a surge of downloads by users who had not downloaded the game yet. The game was removed, but fans wonder whether a new version of Flappy Bird is to come in the near future.
Flappy Birds is a simple tapping game but is very difficult and addictive. Numerous cheats have cropped up online, advising players on how to jailbreak the game to get higher scores or simply remove the pipes from the top of the screens.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- How 'intentional' are you - with yourself and with God?
- The 99 thoughts you have while listening to a sermon
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Hillary Clinton victory heralds a new day for women, says Tony Campolo
- Indian Christian forced to 'reconvert' among Hindu extremists' crackdown
- World Youth Day: Hundreds of thousands of young Catholics welcome Pope Francis to Poland
- Syria: Dozens killed in deadly ISIS blast
- Pastor buys dozens of tickets to win assault rifle in raffle – now he'll destroy it
- French Bishops call for day of fasting in response to Jacques Hamel killing