Flappy Bird cheats and tips: Why was the hit tapping game deleted?
The wildly popular Flappy Bird game has been taken down from app stores by its Vietnam-based creator Dong Nguyen on Feb. 9, 2014.
The games creator gave fans less than 24 hours notice when he tweeted: "I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore."
The game has since been taken down from Apple's app store and Android's Google Play store.
Nguyen reportedly earned $50,000 a day from ads displayed on Flappy Bird and it is not known what the exact reasons were for grounding the game.
Flappy Bird ranked number one on both Apple and Android app stores and has been downloaded over 50 million times.
Users flocked to the app stores to download the Flappy Bird before it was removed. Those who have already downloaded the game can keep playing.
Nguyen also tweeted that he will not be selling Flappy bird to anyone and that his decision to pull the game is not "anything related to legal issues." He tweeted, " I just cannot keep it anymore."
Though he created the game, Nguyen previously expressed how his own game ruined his life. "I can call 'Flappy Bird' is a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it."
The game was launched in May 2013, but its popularity soared in mid-January 2014.
Fans of the game are curious as to why the game was removed.
Here are some possible theories:
- For those who played Flappy Bird, you might find a striking resemblance between Nintendo's Mario Bros games with its pixelated pipes and color scheme. Nguyen could have taken the game down before Nintendo waged a legal battle against him, although he did state that it had nothing to do with legal issues.
- The sudden announcement of the game's removal prompted a surge of downloads by users who had not downloaded the game yet. The game was removed, but fans wonder whether a new version of Flappy Bird is to come in the near future.
Flappy Birds is a simple tapping game but is very difficult and addictive. Numerous cheats have cropped up online, advising players on how to jailbreak the game to get higher scores or simply remove the pipes from the top of the screens.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- St Paul's Celebrates First Female Chorister In 1000 Years
- 40 ways to invest in your marriage during Lent
- Victoria's Secret Lingerie Model Adriana Lima Reveals She Carries A Bible To Shows And Believes In 'Angels'
- This Tennessee Pastor Is Furious After Planned Parenthood Thanks Him For Donations: 'It Wasn't Me'
- Why This Old Testament Verse Is So Special - It's Full Of The Gospel
- 10 Things I've Tried – And Failed – To Give Up For Lent
- 8 Ways To Improve The Preaching In Your Church
- Life Hurts: How God Helped This Christian Doctor In Her Struggle With Anorexia
- Remembering George Herbert: 10 Quotes From The Great Priest And Poet
- Bishop Angaelos: Christians In Egypt Told To 'Leave Or Die', 40 Killed In 3 Months, Prays For ISIS
- Now Christian Art By The Masters Can Be Seen In Stunning Detail As Sistine Chapel Is Digitally Photographed
- Boycott Campaign Against Israel Is Latest 'Mutation' Of Oldest Hatred Says Former Chief Rabbi
- Egypt's Churches Condemn ISIS' 'Terrorist Acts Of Murder' Against Christians
- French Evangelicals Release 'Convictions' Document Ahead Of Elections
- Egypt Exodus: Hundreds Of Christians Flee As ISIS Militants Go On Killing Spree