'Thor Ragnarok' spoilers: John Cena cameo appearance rumors debunked
There is a rumor going around that World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar John Cena will have an appearance in "Thor Ragnarok," but this has since been debunked.
The reports come from the IMDB page of the movie, where Cena was listed to appear as himself in Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) third solo outing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The fact that IMDB can be edited anytime makes it less credible of a source, as pointed out by io9gizmodo. At the time of writing, Cena's name is no longer on the list.
The wrestler's purported appearance in "Thor Ragnarok" made sense to many as he has already shown his acting chops by appearing in several movies.
This could also be the reason the report gained momentum. However, it looks like fans will not see Cena in "Thor Ragnarok."
Meanwhile, there are speculations that the film will introduce the Soul Stone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe through Hela (Cate Blanchett).
Being known as the Goddess of the Dead and one whose primary agenda in "Thor Ragnarok" is to bring with her armies of undead in her efforts to subdue Asgard, it would make sense for her to be the wielder of the Soul Stone.
Additionally, Comicbook.com points out that Hela's parentage in the comics — her father was a version of Loki, who was then replaced by the version that Tom Hiddleston plays — reflects the changes in "Thor Ragnarok."
As fans will remember, Odin (Anthony Hopkins) will be missing in the new film, and Loki will seek to succeed him, which mirrors the comic book happenings involving Hela.
Of course, this is only speculation. Not much is known about "Thor Ragnarok" other than its title, which is also one based on a comic book story that finds Thor and Asgard in apocalyptic trouble.
"Thor Ragnarok" will be released on Nov. 3, 2017.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Christian Movie Producer Mark Burnett On Ben Hur And The Forgiveness Of Christ
- Christian Gospel Star Travis Greene To Perform At Donald Trump Inauguration
- Pendant Similar To That Worn By Anne Frank Unearthed In Nazi Concentration Camp
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- 5 Ways To Cheer Up On Blue Monday
- God, Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Train Strikes I Cannot Change
- The Death Of John The Baptist: How To See God At Work In Tragedy
- Trump's Inauguration: Why Who Prays Is Always Controversial
- The 6 Religious Leaders Who Will Pray At Trump's Inauguration
- 'God Is In Control': Sister Of Jakarta Governor Accused Of Blasphemy
- 400 Children Living In Slums Baptised In The Philippines
- 'We're In This With You': Iraqi Muslim Rebuilds Crucifix Desecrated By ISIS
- Russian Influence In Syria Grows, Patriarch Kirill Invited To Visit
- Accused Attackers Of Christian Grandmother Stripped Naked By Muslim Mob Walk Free
- 'Demon-Possessed Man Clawed At Me, Uttered Unrepeatable Curses,' Recalls Archbishop After His First Exorcism