'The Mummy' 2017 film release date, rumors: First trailer to be released soon?
Universal Pictures is beginning to conceptualize the rebirth of the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe, obviously taking inspiration from Marvel's intertwined movies. This is going to be jumpstarted by the first monster-movie reboot, "The Mummy."
Netizens have already shared videos of stars Tom Cruise and Annabelle Wallis running through the streets of London as if portraying a key scene where the ancient mummified queen, portrayed by "Kingsman's" Sofia Boutella, is already wreaking havoc in the modern day. With such footage and the knowledge that the movie is slated for release by June next year, one can assume that they may already be close to finishing it.
If they are indeed almost done, it might not be long before the official trailer launches. Despite being a short clip representing a probable hour-and-a-half-long movie, the trailer will be something fans will be looking out for. It can already predict if the audience sees it as something worth watching or they'd rather watch the first three "Mummy" films over and over again.
Being as important as it is, Movie Pilot pointed out that the "Kong: Skull Island" trailer did an amazing job with setting the hype for its film. Both "Kong: Skull Island" and "The Mummy" reboot take from predecessors but have entirely different stories compared to the original ones, thus the latter can learn a thing or two from the former.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
A consistent tone, otherworldly action scenes, originality, and great music are just a few things that can make the trailer do its work as a teaser for the film. It isn't exactly a bad idea for the creators to start cooking up something already, now that launch date is near and the 1999 film is still arguably what people think about when they hear "The Mummy."
Speaking of tone, the audience can expect a totally different rendition for the 2017 film, as was described by Jon Spaihts, creator of this movie's screenplay. Spaihts explained that there will be horror elements aside from the action and adventure, so movie spectators will be seeing a scary and dark world, Den of Geek reports.
"The Mummy" reboot is set ti premiere on June 9, 2017.
Duggar Family Expands After Jim Bob and Michelle Gain Custody of Tyler Wayne Hutchins, 8, Michelle's Great-Nephew
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar from the former TLC show "19 Kids and Counting" have expanded their family now that they have adopted Michelle's eight-year-old great-nephew.
Country Star Reba McEntire Thankful to God for Helping Her Overcome a Painful Divorce: 'God's Way Is the Best Way'
After "why, God?" came "thank you, God."
- Why The Local Church Is More Important Than Ever In The Digital Age
- What's Wrong With TULIP? Southern Baptists Resist 'Aggressive' Advance Of New Calvinism
- 75 Thoughts You Have At A Carol Service
- Should Protestants Pay More Attention To Mary? And What's The Immaculate Conception Anyway?
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- 'Father Forgive': How One Christian Woman Learnt To Forgive Her Husband's Murderers
- Are You Living With A Ten-Verse Bible? Here's Why It's So Dangerous For Your Spiritual Health
- Hospitals Destroyed And Millions Starving: The Crisis In Yemen Is Worsening
- Franklin Graham Slams Time Magazine For Comparison Of Hillary Clinton To Moses
- Donald Trump Chooses Climate Sceptic and Committed Christian Scott Pruitt For Top Environment Job
- Christian Politician Faces Controversial Blasphemy Trial In Indonesia
- British Government Has Failed The Christians Of Syria And Iraq, Senior Clergy Say
- Christian Charity Compassion International Could Be Forced Out Of India