'The Mummy' 2017 film release date, rumors: First trailer to be released soon?
Universal Pictures is beginning to conceptualize the rebirth of the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe, obviously taking inspiration from Marvel's intertwined movies. This is going to be jumpstarted by the first monster-movie reboot, "The Mummy."
Netizens have already shared videos of stars Tom Cruise and Annabelle Wallis running through the streets of London as if portraying a key scene where the ancient mummified queen, portrayed by "Kingsman's" Sofia Boutella, is already wreaking havoc in the modern day. With such footage and the knowledge that the movie is slated for release by June next year, one can assume that they may already be close to finishing it.
If they are indeed almost done, it might not be long before the official trailer launches. Despite being a short clip representing a probable hour-and-a-half-long movie, the trailer will be something fans will be looking out for. It can already predict if the audience sees it as something worth watching or they'd rather watch the first three "Mummy" films over and over again.
Being as important as it is, Movie Pilot pointed out that the "Kong: Skull Island" trailer did an amazing job with setting the hype for its film. Both "Kong: Skull Island" and "The Mummy" reboot take from predecessors but have entirely different stories compared to the original ones, thus the latter can learn a thing or two from the former.
A consistent tone, otherworldly action scenes, originality, and great music are just a few things that can make the trailer do its work as a teaser for the film. It isn't exactly a bad idea for the creators to start cooking up something already, now that launch date is near and the 1999 film is still arguably what people think about when they hear "The Mummy."
Speaking of tone, the audience can expect a totally different rendition for the 2017 film, as was described by Jon Spaihts, creator of this movie's screenplay. Spaihts explained that there will be horror elements aside from the action and adventure, so movie spectators will be seeing a scary and dark world, Den of Geek reports.
"The Mummy" reboot is set ti premiere on June 9, 2017.
Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman took on the role of God in the 2003 film "Bruce Almighty" and its follow-up film "Evan Almighty" in 2007. But this time around, he hopes to be given the opportunity to play the devil.
Moonlight star and Oscar nominee Mahershala Ali has spoken movingly of facing discrimination as a black man after converting from Christianity to Islam.
- Why Are Black Majority Churches Growing So Fast In The UK?
- These Are 5 Qualities That Make A Great Pastor
- When Is Ash Wednesday 2017?
- She Was Looking For Matches To Get High On Heroin – And Instead She Found A Bible And Met Jesus
- The Mystery Of Millennials: They Aren't Who You Think They Are
- Sunday Swimming Row In Scotland Makes A Splash
- Rome's Catholics And Jews Unite In Art Exhibition Celebrating Ancient Biblical Symbol
- 'Chariots Of Fire' Star Eric Liddell: A Life Dedicated To His God
- Moonlight Star Speaks Of Abuse After Converting From Christianity To Islam
- Family Of Missing Christian Woman In Egypt Accuse Police Of Complicity In Her Kidnapping
- 'Hopeless' Muslim Family Try To Commit Suicide — But God Heals Them, With Dead Son Even Restored To Life
- Archaeologists To Start Digging Ancient Site Where They Believe The Ark Of The Covenant Once Stood
- Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Calls Out 'Horrific Blow' Of Famine In South Sudan As UK Announces New Aid Package
- Christians Should Employ Illegal Migrants, Says Norwegian Priest
- Armed Conflict, Starvation And Sickness: The Forgotten Children Caught Up In Lake Chad's Crisis