'The Big Bang Theory' season 11 renewal update: Renewal unlikely as core cast will not return?
While "The Big Bang Theory" season 10 goes about its usual winter hiatus, reports about the show's possible cancellation filled the rumor mills.
Speculations have it that lead star Jim Parsons will be too busy to be in "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 now that he is attached to multiple projects.
Parsons is executive producing "The Monarchy Is Going to S—t" for Freeform, in addition to the ABC comedy, "Lakeside VA," "The Terranauts" for The CW, and "The Big Bang Theory" spinoff, "Sheldon."
However, during an interview with TV Line back in March, Parsons was adamant about being part of "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 if given the chance.
"If the opportunity to go past season 10 came up, I'd be very hard-pressed to tell you who [among the cast] might say no — if anybody would. I wouldn't," he said.
"I'm trying to imagine when an actor in a good situation would go, 'I'm out of here!' I don't think it would be between seasons 10 and 11 — not if things are going well," he went on to say.
For some, "The Big Bang Theory" without Sheldon will usher the show's downfall, which is why many believe that it will be best to end the show with season 10.
Meanwhile, Parsons' co-star Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny in the series, said in the same TV Line interview that "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 could still happen.
She stated that the goal is to stay as long as possible. The star added that the "overall consensus" is the whole gang returning for "The Big Bang Theory" season 11. But that was back in March.
Months later — in September, to be exact — during her appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," the actress was less forthcoming of a renewal, saying that a decade of the show is enough.
But if the CBS president Glenn Geller is the one to be asked, he would want to have "The Big Bang Theory" on air "forever" or, at least, close to that
During the Television Critics Association (TCA) summer tour, Geller expressed confidence that Warner Bros. will seal the contract deals with the cast. "We are very confident that everyone involved wants more Big Bang past year 10," he said.
"The Big Bang Theory" season 10 is currently on a hiatus and will be back next year on CBS.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Why Are Black Majority Churches Growing So Fast In The UK?
- These Are 5 Qualities That Make A Great Pastor
- When Is Ash Wednesday 2017?
- She Was Looking For Matches To Get High On Heroin – And Instead She Found A Bible And Met Jesus
- The Mystery Of Millennials: They Aren't Who You Think They Are
- Sunday Swimming Row In Scotland Makes A Splash
- Rome's Catholics And Jews Unite In Art Exhibition Celebrating Ancient Biblical Symbol
- 'Chariots Of Fire' Star Eric Liddell: A Life Dedicated To His God
- Moonlight Star Speaks Of Abuse After Converting From Christianity To Islam
- Family Of Missing Christian Woman In Egypt Accuse Police Of Complicity In Her Kidnapping
- 'Hopeless' Muslim Family Try To Commit Suicide — But God Heals Them, With Dead Son Even Restored To Life
- Archaeologists To Start Digging Ancient Site Where They Believe The Ark Of The Covenant Once Stood
- Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Calls Out 'Horrific Blow' Of Famine In South Sudan As UK Announces New Aid Package
- Christians Should Employ Illegal Migrants, Says Norwegian Priest
- Armed Conflict, Starvation And Sickness: The Forgotten Children Caught Up In Lake Chad's Crisis