'The Big Bang Theory' season 11 renewal update: Renewal unlikely as core cast will not return?
While "The Big Bang Theory" season 10 goes about its usual winter hiatus, reports about the show's possible cancellation filled the rumor mills.
Speculations have it that lead star Jim Parsons will be too busy to be in "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 now that he is attached to multiple projects.
Parsons is executive producing "The Monarchy Is Going to S—t" for Freeform, in addition to the ABC comedy, "Lakeside VA," "The Terranauts" for The CW, and "The Big Bang Theory" spinoff, "Sheldon."
However, during an interview with TV Line back in March, Parsons was adamant about being part of "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 if given the chance.
"If the opportunity to go past season 10 came up, I'd be very hard-pressed to tell you who [among the cast] might say no — if anybody would. I wouldn't," he said.
"I'm trying to imagine when an actor in a good situation would go, 'I'm out of here!' I don't think it would be between seasons 10 and 11 — not if things are going well," he went on to say.
For some, "The Big Bang Theory" without Sheldon will usher the show's downfall, which is why many believe that it will be best to end the show with season 10.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Meanwhile, Parsons' co-star Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny in the series, said in the same TV Line interview that "The Big Bang Theory" season 11 could still happen.
She stated that the goal is to stay as long as possible. The star added that the "overall consensus" is the whole gang returning for "The Big Bang Theory" season 11. But that was back in March.
Months later — in September, to be exact — during her appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," the actress was less forthcoming of a renewal, saying that a decade of the show is enough.
But if the CBS president Glenn Geller is the one to be asked, he would want to have "The Big Bang Theory" on air "forever" or, at least, close to that
During the Television Critics Association (TCA) summer tour, Geller expressed confidence that Warner Bros. will seal the contract deals with the cast. "We are very confident that everyone involved wants more Big Bang past year 10," he said.
"The Big Bang Theory" season 10 is currently on a hiatus and will be back next year on CBS.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Faith, Hope, And Politics: The Book You Need To Read In 2017
- Would Jesus Burn The Stars And Stripes?
- 3 Biblical Truths To Stand On When The World Shakes
- 7 Tips For Making The Most Of A Short Term Mission Trip
- Thousands Sign Petitions In Support Of Fixer Upper Stars Chip And Joanna Gaines
- The Rapture In Three Weeks? This Christian Computer Scientist Thinks So
- Rare Wycliffe Bible Smashes Estimate, Sells For $1.7 Million
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- Persecution Of Christians At An All-Time High In India: Has The World Stopped Caring?
- The Incredible Story Of How One Bishop Saved The Lives Of Over 200 Assyrian Christians
- Christians accused of proselytising in Nepal cleared of charges
- Christians Struggle to Live Normal Lives in India, But They're Determined to Persevere, Bishop Says
- Dying Young Girl Is Sent Off in a Blaze of Purple Lights By Neighbours on Her Way to Spend Christmas With Jesus
- Abandoned 'Baby Girl Hope' Melts New Yorkers' Hearts; Over 500 of Them Want to Adopt Her