The Amazing Spider-Man 3 movie release date delayed to 2018
Supervillain film reportedly replaces the friendly neighborhood superhero's slot in the big screen
Can fans wait until 2018 to find out what Peter Parker/Spiderman is up to?
Sony's Columbia Pictures officials reportedly said that they are planning to release the third installment of the "The Amazing Spiderman" franchise June 10, 2016. However, officials seemed to change their mind and announced at the recently concluded San Diego Comic-Con that the highly-anticipated movie will not be shown until 2018.
Another report surfaced from Deadline website, saying that Sony is planning to "revamp" the franchise. It also stated that a female superhero may be introduced sometime in 2017.
The name of the female character has not been stated, but speculations are circulating with possibilities that the character would either be Firestar, Stunner, Silver Sable, Black Cat, or ever Spider-Woman.
Fans of the comic book character are aware that Spider-Woman is composed of several fictional characters featured in the Marvel universe. The group of ladies includes Julia Carpenter, Jessica Drew, Charlotte Witter, as well as Mattie Franklin. Among the group, Franklin is known as a fashion designer genetically altered by the evil Dr. Octopus.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
On the other hand, Black Cat was introduced recently in the movie sequel "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" as Felicity Hardy (Felicity Jones), personal secretary of Harry Osborn and daughter of the popular cat burglar named Walter Hardy, dubbed "The Cat."
The other character, Silver Sable, does not possess superhuman abilities but has a very exceptional talent in different martial arts and hand-to-hand combat. Silver Sable is said to play a vital role in the reported supervillain film "Sinister Six" to be released in 2016.
Deadline website also reported that Sony knows that the viewers have a "changing appetite" regarding the characters of the movies. Since the trend for strong female characters in the movies has been working well in the box-office, the film company feels that the public wants more lady leads.
Today is National Christmas Tree Day, obviously. Twitter is alight with excitement, and so should you be.
We all know the story. Mary, Joseph, a donkey, a stable and some shepherds. Possible an undefined number of wise men if you really go all out. But these are different.
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- 'Father Forgive': How One Christian Woman Learnt To Forgive Her Husband's Murderers
- Are You Living With A Ten-Verse Bible? Here's Why It's So Dangerous For Your Spiritual Health
- Faith, Hope, And Politics: The Book You Need To Read In 2017
- Would Jesus Burn The Stars And Stripes?
- 3 Biblical Truths To Stand On When The World Shakes
- 7 Tips For Making The Most Of A Short Term Mission Trip
- Hurricane Matthew Three Months On: Deadly Disease Threatens Thousands Of Lives In Haiti
- Stripped, Beaten and Killed: The Christian Mother Who Fell Victim To Mob Violence In India
- More People Turning to Christ in Nepal, Which Now Hosts Over 1 Million Believers and 8,000 Churches
- Christians From Egypt Seek Refuge in Cyprus After Experiencing Brutal Persecution
- ISIS Launches Radio Phone-In Show For Terrorists With Personal Problems; Hot Topics Include Whether Women Can Watch Execution Videos
- Christian Couple Rewarded for Their Faith as Their Conjoined Twins Survive Risky Separation Surgeries