Solar Eclipse 2013 Live Stream; Watch Online Annular Eclipse 'Ring of Fire' May 9-10 at 5p.m. EDT
The moon is set to eclipse the sun today, creating what looks like a cosmic 'ring of fire.'
The solar eclipse, also known as the annular eclipse, will take place May 9 and May 10 but will only be visible to those living in Australia and the Southern Pacific Ocean, according to space.com.
"Solar eclipses can be inspirational to students and others, so it is interesting to have everyone view the eclipse, but only safe methods of viewing should be used," astronomer Jay Pasachoff told Space.com. Pasachoff is an astronomer at Williams College and chair of the International Astronomical Union's working group on eclipses.
Despite the moon eclipsing over 95 percent of the sun, the sky will not appear to be darker than usual.
Observers are advised to use protective camera lenses and filters when viewing the eclipse. Viewers are strongly advised not to watch the eclipse with a naked eye, as it can result in permanent damage.
A live stream of the eclipse will be hosted for those who are not in the right location to view the rare event. The annular event will start Thursday 5:30 pm. EDT on May 9.
Click HERE for the live stream.
A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and Earth, and the Moon fully or partially blocks the sun.
Do you have a hard time reconciling with a person you have offended?
Life often presents us with tough challenges along our paths, but God is good and we can always hope to hurdle these challenges with His love.
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Christian festival bingo: 14 things you'll definitely spot this summer
- 'This world still brims with glory': It's time to rediscover our sense of hope
- Paul Harcourt: It's been a difficult season for New Wine, but we've come out strong
- 3 reasons why giving can be spiritually dangerous
- The one argument that might make a hardline atheist stop and think...
- China's Muslims under threat of religious persecution
- Mike Pence: the evangelical former Catholic who may yet save Donald Trump
- Soul Survivor on the move, last year for sister festival Momentum
- Erdogan shuts schools and charities as he tightens grip on Turkey
- Ted Cruz 'not a Christian' after refusing to endorse Trump
- FBI special agent called out for omitting God from U.S. Pledge of Allegiance
- Have Western churches and governments abandoned millions of Christians in this 'fractured country'?
- Christianity is this ancient country's key to survival: Where people defend their faith 'to the last drop of blood'
- New exhibition at Durham shows spread of early Christianity in Britain