Solar Eclipse 2013 Live Stream; Watch Online Annular Eclipse 'Ring of Fire' May 9-10 at 5p.m. EDT
The moon is set to eclipse the sun today, creating what looks like a cosmic 'ring of fire.'
The solar eclipse, also known as the annular eclipse, will take place May 9 and May 10 but will only be visible to those living in Australia and the Southern Pacific Ocean, according to space.com.
"Solar eclipses can be inspirational to students and others, so it is interesting to have everyone view the eclipse, but only safe methods of viewing should be used," astronomer Jay Pasachoff told Space.com. Pasachoff is an astronomer at Williams College and chair of the International Astronomical Union's working group on eclipses.
Despite the moon eclipsing over 95 percent of the sun, the sky will not appear to be darker than usual.
Observers are advised to use protective camera lenses and filters when viewing the eclipse. Viewers are strongly advised not to watch the eclipse with a naked eye, as it can result in permanent damage.
A live stream of the eclipse will be hosted for those who are not in the right location to view the rare event. The annular event will start Thursday 5:30 pm. EDT on May 9.
Click HERE for the live stream.
A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and Earth, and the Moon fully or partially blocks the sun.
God created man. He knows that our bodies are frail and that we need rest. Here's how our faith in Him helps us get a good night's rest.
For years, I was under the wrong assumption that it's faith and sincerity that makes praying worth the effort by bringing in results. Not only was I wrong, but I was faithfully and sincerely wrong.
- 'The Shack', cosmic child abuse and 'Lies We Believe About God'
- Collateral damage: how factional fighting in the Church damages us all
- #PrayForLondon is the latest #PrayFor hashtag to trend. Sadly, there have been many others
- 6 Scripture verses about the heart – and why they don't mean what you think
- Study shows 'religious' countries are worse at science. What does this really tell us?
- 5 truths to cling to in the midst of uncertainty
- 'Identity' by Colton Dixon: An ambitious, vibrant and hopeful anthem
- Don't blame Islam, don't blame religion: It's people that make the world violent
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- 'It's night and day': Churches in atheist Cuba see evangelical resurgence after decades of restriction
- Former jihadi used to believe killing non-Muslims pleased God — until Jesus appeared in his dream
- Iraqi military says 61 bodies pulled from collapsed Mosul site
- Mosul civilian deaths confirmed – UN 'stunned by terrible loss of life'
- Voters blame everybody but Trump for Obamacare repeal failure
- Christians displaced by Boko Haram being denied food, relief goods in Nigerian refugee camps