Solar Eclipse 2013 Live Stream; Watch Online Annular Eclipse 'Ring of Fire' May 9-10 at 5p.m. EDT
The moon is set to eclipse the sun today, creating what looks like a cosmic 'ring of fire.'
The solar eclipse, also known as the annular eclipse, will take place May 9 and May 10 but will only be visible to those living in Australia and the Southern Pacific Ocean, according to space.com.
"Solar eclipses can be inspirational to students and others, so it is interesting to have everyone view the eclipse, but only safe methods of viewing should be used," astronomer Jay Pasachoff told Space.com. Pasachoff is an astronomer at Williams College and chair of the International Astronomical Union's working group on eclipses.
Despite the moon eclipsing over 95 percent of the sun, the sky will not appear to be darker than usual.
Observers are advised to use protective camera lenses and filters when viewing the eclipse. Viewers are strongly advised not to watch the eclipse with a naked eye, as it can result in permanent damage.
A live stream of the eclipse will be hosted for those who are not in the right location to view the rare event. The annular event will start Thursday 5:30 pm. EDT on May 9.
Click HERE for the live stream.
A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and Earth, and the Moon fully or partially blocks the sun.
Here are some common distractions that create distance between us and God, and some simple solutions to combat them.
Whether you're having trouble finding the words to say what you need to, are looking for a little extra inspiration or just want to recite one word for word, these eight prayers from the Bible can help.
- Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first female-led mosque
- It's not Christian to be nice
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Should Christian charities take atheists' money?
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- Prayer relieves woman's horrendous headache after road accident
- Indonesia: Priest injured in suspected church 'terror' attack
- Christian shot by Muslim hater saved others before he died
- Man in horrific crash sees vision of God in 'glowing chariot' flying through the air, lifting and saving him
- It's OK for Christians to worry about refugees in U.S., religious freedom activist says
- Archbishop from Uganda says beating of children, wives at home should stop