Sochi Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony 2014 live stream will not be provided by NBC [TV start time, schedule]
The 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics will be kicking off in just one week. Millions of viewers will be turning in to watch the live televised Winter games from Russia.
Athletes from around the world will come together to compete and NBC will be telecasting 1,539 hours of programming across all its channel and online outlets, according to Sports Illustrated.
NBC will make every event in the 2014 Winter Games available to view online via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app available for both iOS and Android mobile devices.
However, one thing that NBC won't be streaming live will be the opening ceremony. The Opening Ceremony will take place live beginning at 11 a.m. ET/ 8 a.m. PT on Feb. 7, 2014.
However, viewers in America can only watch the 9-hour tape-delay version of the 2014 Winter Olympics opening ceremony which will be broadcast on NBC at 7:30 p.m. ET on Feb. 7 with full coverage by Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira until 11:30.m. ET.
NBC Sports Group chairman Mark Lazarus told Variety: "We want to put context to it, with the full pageantry it deserves.
The opening ceremony will feature over 1,000 participants, including a chorus consisting of over 1,000 Russian children. Musicians such as viola player Yuri Bashmet and pianist Denis Matsuev will perform.
This year, viewership of the Winter Games is expected to exceed the Vancouver Games in 2009. Viewers peaked at 190 million four years ago.
Popular and most-watched events at the Winter Olympics will inevitably be figure skating and hockey.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- Tom Daley and Christian Voice: What the Twitter row really has to teach us
- Seduction and beheading: What a dark Bible story tells us about goodness
- Why it's time to stop saying 'God has a special someone planned for you'
- The Story of Christ: Feature film shot in virtual reality to be released this Christmas
- Why Jesus didn't feed the 5,000, and why it matters
- Why we need solitude in the midst of the 2016 American election
- Responding to the face of horror
- Farah does the double in thrilling day of athletics
- When church lets you down: so now what?
- Evacuees still thankful to God for gift of life even though their homes have been razed by California wildfire
- Gender ideology harms children, paediatricians group tells educators, lawmakers
- Texas attorney general affirms constitutionality of courtroom prayer
- Christians now afraid to go to church in Philippines due to threats from Islamist radicals, priest says
- U.S. court upholds religious freedom case against transgender employee
- Christian aid agency to deliver emergency supplies to war-ravaged Aleppo