Sochi Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony 2014 live stream will not be provided by NBC [TV start time, schedule]
The 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics will be kicking off in just one week. Millions of viewers will be turning in to watch the live televised Winter games from Russia.
Athletes from around the world will come together to compete and NBC will be telecasting 1,539 hours of programming across all its channel and online outlets, according to Sports Illustrated.
NBC will make every event in the 2014 Winter Games available to view online via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app available for both iOS and Android mobile devices.
However, one thing that NBC won't be streaming live will be the opening ceremony. The Opening Ceremony will take place live beginning at 11 a.m. ET/ 8 a.m. PT on Feb. 7, 2014.
However, viewers in America can only watch the 9-hour tape-delay version of the 2014 Winter Olympics opening ceremony which will be broadcast on NBC at 7:30 p.m. ET on Feb. 7 with full coverage by Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira until 11:30.m. ET.
NBC Sports Group chairman Mark Lazarus told Variety: "We want to put context to it, with the full pageantry it deserves.
The opening ceremony will feature over 1,000 participants, including a chorus consisting of over 1,000 Russian children. Musicians such as viola player Yuri Bashmet and pianist Denis Matsuev will perform.
This year, viewership of the Winter Games is expected to exceed the Vancouver Games in 2009. Viewers peaked at 190 million four years ago.
Popular and most-watched events at the Winter Olympics will inevitably be figure skating and hockey.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 'Supergroup' Of Chorister Kids Releases Album Of Choral Classics
- The Great Wall Review: A Boundary-Shifting Movie That Might Get Donald Trump Worried
- Why We Should Not Take Ourselves Too Seriously: 7 Fun Looks At Evangelical Christian Culture
- Why Did Jesus Ask A Blind Man If He Wanted Healing?
- A Radical Way To Buy Your Own Home - Thanks To God And Christian Mission
- 8 Moments You'll Only Understand If You're A Calvinist
- Why Trump's Rambling, Incoherent Press Conference Is So Worrying
- When Are British Bank Holidays In 2017?
- Why Christians Should Beware Of Random Acts Of Kindness
- ISIS Drowns 13 Civilians, Execute 8 Others In Mosul, Kirkuk On Charges of Collaborating With The Enemy
- Christians In Mideast Reject Trump Plan To Prioritise U.S. Resettlement Of Christian Refugees: 'Wrong Message, Wrong Policy'
- Boko Haram Has Murdered 100,000, Displaced 2 Million In War To Wipe Out Christianity In Nigeria
- Malaysia Arrests North Korean Man As Row Over Kim Jong Nam's Death Escalates
- Islamist Extremists Spill More Christian Blood In Egypt Amid Fears That More Attacks Are Forthcoming
- Mother Of Man Who Killed Pastor Turns To Christ After Church Shows Forgiveness, Compassion