Sochi Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony 2014 live stream will not be provided by NBC [TV start time, schedule]
The 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics will be kicking off in just one week. Millions of viewers will be turning in to watch the live televised Winter games from Russia.
Athletes from around the world will come together to compete and NBC will be telecasting 1,539 hours of programming across all its channel and online outlets, according to Sports Illustrated.
NBC will make every event in the 2014 Winter Games available to view online via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app available for both iOS and Android mobile devices.
However, one thing that NBC won't be streaming live will be the opening ceremony. The Opening Ceremony will take place live beginning at 11 a.m. ET/ 8 a.m. PT on Feb. 7, 2014.
However, viewers in America can only watch the 9-hour tape-delay version of the 2014 Winter Olympics opening ceremony which will be broadcast on NBC at 7:30 p.m. ET on Feb. 7 with full coverage by Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira until 11:30.m. ET.
NBC Sports Group chairman Mark Lazarus told Variety: "We want to put context to it, with the full pageantry it deserves.
The opening ceremony will feature over 1,000 participants, including a chorus consisting of over 1,000 Russian children. Musicians such as viola player Yuri Bashmet and pianist Denis Matsuev will perform.
This year, viewership of the Winter Games is expected to exceed the Vancouver Games in 2009. Viewers peaked at 190 million four years ago.
Popular and most-watched events at the Winter Olympics will inevitably be figure skating and hockey.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Billy Graham: 5 ways Christians can cope with the 'violence and destruction' all around
- Why we should think twice before singing 'Great is thy faithfulness'
- 'Hold onto Jesus' says priest and recovering alcoholic in video published after his death
- The Holocaust survivors who the Pope met at Auschwitz-Birkenau today
- Tim LaHaye and the end times: What should we believe about the end of the world?
- Analysis: How Hillary Clinton's abortion platform is the most liberal in Democrat history
- Jairus' daughter and the sick woman: What links these two stories?
- Finding Dory review: Beautiful and hilarious but too dangerous for my 10-year-old and 93,468 other children
- Who's backing Trump and who's for Clinton? The battle for evangelical endorsements
- 'Soul' leaving a body in China hospital captured on video?
- Turkey's President Erdogan claims West failed to show solidarity over coup attempt
- North Korea bans imports with markings resembling a cross
- Russian humanitarian operation in Syria may be 'ruse', US says
- U.S. President Barack Obama's Muslim half brother Malik says he's voting for Donald Trump
- Europe and U.S. face bigger terror attacks as ISIS loses ground in Mideast, FBI and CIA chiefs both warn