Samsung Galaxy S5 vs iPhone 5S vs LG G2: Is it worth waiting for the iPhone 6 and LG G3 release date?
The Samsung Galaxy S5 was finally unveiled at the World Mobile Congress in Barcelona, Spain, on Feb. 24, 2014.
The new smartphone looks very similar to its S4 predecessor, with its traditional rounded design and metal edges. The noticeable difference is the back cover – and although it's still made of plastic, it features a new perforated dimpled design, which makes it easier to grasp and hold.
The Galaxy S5 features a 5.1 inch super AMOLED HD display, 2800 mAh battery, 2.5 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, and runs on Android 4.4.2.
Its 16 megapixel camera with LED flash comes with a faster AF at just 0.3 seconds, improved HDR to enrich the tone, and selective focus options.
A new heart rate sensor is also added to the smartphone. The sensor is placed at the back below the camera lens and will work by gently placing your fingertip on the sensor.
The key focus of the Galaxy S5 are simple: full LTE coverage, powerful camera, stay fit tool (fitness coaching service), and an all-new ultra power saving mode.
The Galaxy S5 is also water and dirt resistant and will be available in blue, black, gold and white, depending on the market.
Black and white models are expected for the U.S.
The Galaxy S5 price has not been announced by Samsung, but the new smartphones are scheduled to hit shelves in April.
To ramp up the security, Samsung has also added a finger scanner to the home button of the device. The finger scanner will unlock mobile payment and also turn the phone into a private mode, to keep personal information and files secure.
Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo were also announced, including the Samsung Gear Fit, which comes with a built in heart-rate reader.
So how does the new Samsung Galaxy S5 specs compare with the current iPhone 5S?
Apple's flagship phone, the iPhone 5S, features a 4-inch retina display, A7 chip with 64-bit architecture, M7 motion co-processor, 8 megapixel camera with 1.5µ pixels, true tone flash / 1.2 megapixel Facetime camera with 720p HD video recording, built-in fingerprint sensor, and lithium-ion battery.
The design of the Galaxy S5 is so similar to the S4 that it's hard to tell the difference. Apple will hopefully listen to customer's demands and provide a 5-inch phone on its next iPhone 6. For those looking for a more aesthetic design and do not feel the need to upgrade now, it may be worth waiting to see what Apple does with the iPhone 6, expected to release in the latter half of the year.
The Galaxy S5 is also comparable to the LG G2. The LG G2 helped resurrect the Korean company's status in the smartphone arena last year. The breakout phone was named "Smartphone of the Year" by Stuff magazine and packs impressive specs.
The LG G2 features a 13 megapixel camera with advanced optical image stabilization, 2GB RAM, and blazing fast Qualcomm 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 processor. The 3000 mAh battery keeps the device going all day, and its 32GB storage is enough to store all your favorite apps and snaps.
LG already hit the spot with the offering of high specs and amazing battery life. The LG G3 is also expected to launch this year and rumors suggest a 16 megapixel camera and a powerful octa-core processor.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 6 Ways Practically To Step Out In Courage
- Why Are Evangelicals So Bad At Dealing With Doubt?
- 3 ways Jesus challenges authority
- Is Lindsay Lohan Converting To Islam? Actress Denies Move After Posting Arabic Peace Message On Social Media
- Four evangelistic approaches which probably don't work
- Christian Movie Producer Mark Burnett On Ben Hur And The Forgiveness Of Christ
- Christian Gospel Star Travis Greene To Perform At Donald Trump Inauguration
- Pendant Similar To That Worn By Anne Frank Unearthed In Nazi Concentration Camp
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- McDonald's Vatican Branch Offers Free Meals to the Homeless
- Istanbul Nightclub Gunman Arrested - Turkish Officials
- Russell Moore Blasts White Supremacy As 'Cruelly Cunning'
- 'His Glory Is On The Church': Syrians Converting To Christianity Amid Brutal Persecution
- Iraq Church Used As Shooting Range By ISIS Jihadis
- 'We See The Glass Half-Full': Aide To Palestinian President Welcomes Jared Kushner As Peace Envoy