Samsung Galaxy S5 vs iPhone 5S vs LG G2: Is it worth waiting for the iPhone 6 and LG G3 release date?
The Samsung Galaxy S5 was finally unveiled at the World Mobile Congress in Barcelona, Spain, on Feb. 24, 2014.
The new smartphone looks very similar to its S4 predecessor, with its traditional rounded design and metal edges. The noticeable difference is the back cover – and although it's still made of plastic, it features a new perforated dimpled design, which makes it easier to grasp and hold.
The Galaxy S5 features a 5.1 inch super AMOLED HD display, 2800 mAh battery, 2.5 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, and runs on Android 4.4.2.
Its 16 megapixel camera with LED flash comes with a faster AF at just 0.3 seconds, improved HDR to enrich the tone, and selective focus options.
A new heart rate sensor is also added to the smartphone. The sensor is placed at the back below the camera lens and will work by gently placing your fingertip on the sensor.
The key focus of the Galaxy S5 are simple: full LTE coverage, powerful camera, stay fit tool (fitness coaching service), and an all-new ultra power saving mode.
The Galaxy S5 is also water and dirt resistant and will be available in blue, black, gold and white, depending on the market.
Black and white models are expected for the U.S.
The Galaxy S5 price has not been announced by Samsung, but the new smartphones are scheduled to hit shelves in April.
To ramp up the security, Samsung has also added a finger scanner to the home button of the device. The finger scanner will unlock mobile payment and also turn the phone into a private mode, to keep personal information and files secure.
Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo were also announced, including the Samsung Gear Fit, which comes with a built in heart-rate reader.
So how does the new Samsung Galaxy S5 specs compare with the current iPhone 5S?
Apple's flagship phone, the iPhone 5S, features a 4-inch retina display, A7 chip with 64-bit architecture, M7 motion co-processor, 8 megapixel camera with 1.5µ pixels, true tone flash / 1.2 megapixel Facetime camera with 720p HD video recording, built-in fingerprint sensor, and lithium-ion battery.
The design of the Galaxy S5 is so similar to the S4 that it's hard to tell the difference. Apple will hopefully listen to customer's demands and provide a 5-inch phone on its next iPhone 6. For those looking for a more aesthetic design and do not feel the need to upgrade now, it may be worth waiting to see what Apple does with the iPhone 6, expected to release in the latter half of the year.
The Galaxy S5 is also comparable to the LG G2. The LG G2 helped resurrect the Korean company's status in the smartphone arena last year. The breakout phone was named "Smartphone of the Year" by Stuff magazine and packs impressive specs.
The LG G2 features a 13 megapixel camera with advanced optical image stabilization, 2GB RAM, and blazing fast Qualcomm 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 processor. The 3000 mAh battery keeps the device going all day, and its 32GB storage is enough to store all your favorite apps and snaps.
LG already hit the spot with the offering of high specs and amazing battery life. The LG G3 is also expected to launch this year and rumors suggest a 16 megapixel camera and a powerful octa-core processor.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Children Fleeing ISIS In Mosul Find Sanctuary
- Rick Warren: How To Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Why Practising Christian Mindfulness Doesn't Mean Turning Buddhist
- Why The Pope's Historic Trip To Sweden Is So Significant
- Will Christians And Muslims Be Able To Live Side By Side In Iraq After ISIS?
- Sexual Violence: Why Christians Have To Talk About It
- Power Women: The Villagers Standing Up Against Sierra Leone's Rapists
- 3 Ancient Prayers That Will Help You Encounter God In A New Way
- Is Your Giving Doing More Harm Than Good?
- God's Newly Discovered Creations Amaze Scientists: Bizarre New Animals Found Under 'Submerged America'
- Basilica Of The Transfiguration Vandalised And Robbed
- Christians Still At Risk Of Extinction In Iraq Even After Defeat Of ISIS
- I Was Kicked Out Of Turkey For Being A Christian
- Child Refugees From Calais Head For Britain As France Prepares To Demolish Jungle
- Pope Urges Venezuelan Leader To Negotiate With Opposition Amid Crisis