Samsung Galaxy S5 release date delayed in U.S. ? Specs, features of next-gen smartphone
The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date may be delayed for multiple carriers due to a fire that broke out in its factory this weekend.
The fire reportedly lasted six to eight hours, causing billions of dollars worth of damages.
The fire was sparked Sunday which damaged crucial equipment in manufacturing components of the upcoming Galaxy S5 handsets.
Samsung is slated to release the Galaxy S5 smartphone across 150 countries on April 11. However, the latest incident may cause a delay for some carriers in certain regions. A specific U.S. release date for T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon have not been announced yet.
Customers purchasing an all new Galaxy S5 in the U.S. will receive $576 worth of freebies, including apps, subscriptions and more.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
The Galaxy S5 is certified water and dirt resistant. It features a 5.1 inch super AMOLED HD display, 2800 mAh battery, 2.5 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, and runs on Android 4.4.2. New features also include a heart rate sensor and finger scanner.
The camera has been upgraded to a 16 megapixel camera with LED flash, which comes with a faster AF at just 0.3 seconds, improved HDR to enrich the tone, and selective focus options.
The casing remains plastic, but Samsung changed its back cover with a perforated dimpled design, which feels better to the touch than its previous smooth backcover.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Turkey Crackdown Turns On US Christians, Analysts Warn
- Italy In Turmoil After It Rejects Renzi Reforms
- Putin Says Trump 'Clever', Will Understand New Responsibilities
- Rebels Say They Won't Leave Aleppo; Syrian Army Sees Operation Over In Weeks
- Mourners Gather At Church To Remember Oakland Fire Victims
- Church in Australia Removing References to Christ, Steering Clear of Religious Symbols?