Samsung Galaxy S5 release date delayed in U.S. ? Specs, features of next-gen smartphone
The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date may be delayed for multiple carriers due to a fire that broke out in its factory this weekend.
The fire reportedly lasted six to eight hours, causing billions of dollars worth of damages.
The fire was sparked Sunday which damaged crucial equipment in manufacturing components of the upcoming Galaxy S5 handsets.
Samsung is slated to release the Galaxy S5 smartphone across 150 countries on April 11. However, the latest incident may cause a delay for some carriers in certain regions. A specific U.S. release date for T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon have not been announced yet.
Customers purchasing an all new Galaxy S5 in the U.S. will receive $576 worth of freebies, including apps, subscriptions and more.
The Galaxy S5 is certified water and dirt resistant. It features a 5.1 inch super AMOLED HD display, 2800 mAh battery, 2.5 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, and runs on Android 4.4.2. New features also include a heart rate sensor and finger scanner.
The camera has been upgraded to a 16 megapixel camera with LED flash, which comes with a faster AF at just 0.3 seconds, improved HDR to enrich the tone, and selective focus options.
The casing remains plastic, but Samsung changed its back cover with a perforated dimpled design, which feels better to the touch than its previous smooth backcover.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Justin Bieber Sells His Custom Ferrari At Profit, Says He Will Donate Proceeds to Charity
- 70 Thoughts You Have When Reading The Bible
- Is Donald Trump The Antichrist?
- Vatican Launches New YouTube Channel So Priceless Christian Art Can Reach 'All Corners Of The Earth'
- Did Jesus Really Tell Us To Ask God For Daily Bread?
- Time For A Mental Spring Clean - To Become Who We Are Created In Christ To Be
- Did Clergyman Avoid Shaking Donald Trump's Hand During Inauguration Day Prayer Service?
- What Should Christians Do Now That Donald Trump Is President?
- 'Lion' Makes A Strong Case For God Without Ever Mentioning Him
- ISIS Burns Alive Mother and Her 4 Children After They Were Caught Trying to Leave the Caliphate
- Religious Leaders Offer Unprecedented Prayers for God's Blessings During Trump's Inauguration
- Persecuted Christian Group Free Burma Rangers Extends Helping Hand to ISIS Victims in Iraq
- 'Jihadists Used Our Church As A Shooting Range': Iraqi Christians Return Home To Devastation
- 'Christianophobic' Attacks In France Have Risen to 38 Percent in 2016, Group Reveals
- Mosque Joins Growing Sanctuary Movement As Trump Pledges To Crackdown On Immigration