Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specs rumors vs Galaxy S4 comparison; Release date Sept. 4 at Unpacked Event [VIDEO]
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to release at an exclusive Samsung Unpacked event on September 4, according to tech blog site AndroidGeeks. The event is scheduled to take place just days before IFA 2013 in Berlin, which kicks off on September 6. The Unpacked event will be a part of IFA, with only members of the press invited, according the site.
The next-generation phablet is expected to pack a massive 5.99 inch screen with stylus.
Other rumors surrounding specs and features for the phablet are SuperAMOLED or IPS panel display with a resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor or 1.8 GHz eight-core Exynos processor and a 13MP camera.
The Galaxy S4 flagship phone features a Qualcomm 1.9 GHz Quad Core processor, a full 5 inch screen with 1920x1080 resolution and 441 ppi, 2 GB RAM, a 13MP camera, and Android 4.3.
Rumored specs for the Note 3 and the current Galaxy S4 are very similar, so it will be a choice of preference on whether to go for a phablet than a smartphone ,which already comes packed with one of the biggest screens in the smartphone market today.
Meanwhile, reports suggest that mass production is underway for the Note 3, and the production line for the Galaxy S4 is expected to drop in order to produce the supply in time September.
According to Korea's etnews.com, the production line for the Galaxy 4 is expected to drop 20-30 percent by July. Suppliers for the Korean electronics company are reportedly 'disgruntled' because part orders have been reduced to just 6.5 million handsets in July. The site states that an insider at Wireless Business Division at Samsung Electronics said the company "had reduced the order to each suppliers at the similar rates. Since we will start placing orders for follow-up models, such as Galaxy Note III, from August, the impact to suppliers will be minimal."
The annual IFA event in Berlin is held around September, and it was where Samsung revealed the first Galaxy Note handset to the world. The popularity of the first-generation Galaxy Note came as a surprise, as it tested the waters for users wanting something more than a smartphone handset.The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was launched in September 2012 at a Samsung Unpacked event, just days before the IFA Berlin 2012.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- Is it ever God's fault when we sin?
- Music in church can be a battlefield. So what's the point of it?
- In His Grip: A guide to Christian email sign-offs
- WATCH: Little girl goes viral when she steals the Pope's hat
- #PrayForLondon plead religious leaders after 4 die, 20 injured in terror attack
- Jonathan Edwards: 11 quotes from the legendary American preacher
- Why won't Sainsbury's stock this Christian Easter egg?
- Do social media and TV show us the world as it really is? Not according to Pope Francis
- Hillsong has a 'no tolerance' policy on paedophiles, Brian Houston tells Royal Commission
- U.S. sees 700% rise in doomsday bunker sales amid talk of coming 'Apocalypse'
- Archaeologists shed light on Jesus' life and times with discovery of crucifixion nails, other clues
- Newly restored tomb of Christ may be on the brink of 'catastrophic' collapse
- Resisting evil: How should Christians respond to the Westminster attack?
- 'God's not through with you' – Rex Tillerson took the job as Secretary of State because his wife told him to