'Run the Tide' release date, news: Taylor Lautner takes on more mature roles
It appears the hunk from the Twilight saga Taylor Lautner is making big decisions for his career. As of late, the most noteworthy is his choice of projects in which he will star in.
Lautner is starring in the drama film "Run the Tide." In the said movie, Lautner plays the role of Rey, a college dropout who opted to take care of his half-brother, Oliver (Nico Christou). Upon learning that their meth-addicted mother, Lola (Constance Zimmer), is about to be released in 15 days, he decides to take his brother away from their desert home and move to the California Coast. Lola enlists the help of Bo (Kenny Johnson), her ex-husband, to look for her lost boys. Things get out of hand as drama ensues, bringing up ghosts of the past.
The trailer shows that Lautner has indeed grown up. In the short clip, a glimpse of his acting chops can be seen, letting go of the persona he used to have that made teenage girls scream. He now concentrates on the depth of his character, so much so that he focuses more on the story rather than looking cool. This is not to say that he doesn't look good anymore, but rather, he traded it with a more rugged, brotherly type of facade.
As a matter of fact, he is trying to get away from the status he held from the Twilight Saga. In an interview with Metro, he mentioned: "I find myself rebelling against it [displaying my abs] now. It if doesn't make sense for me to be shirtless, let's not do it. I have done so much of that in my time. I didn't feel that in this."
Despite his more mature choices, it doesn't seem to be helping him career-wise. It can be recalled that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are on a roll with other films post-Twilight. The same can't be said, unfortunately, for the strapping werewolf.
AV Club mentioned that despite the film having a good story, it isn't necessarily worth remembering. This may be bad news for Lautner as his career may be going down the drain unless he does something big.
Right now, who's to say what will happen, but avid fans will surely watch out for his new role in a different film.
"Run the Tide" premieres in cinemas on Dec. 2, 2016.
Tim Tebow, who plays outfielder with the New York Mets, has received a lot of backlash after he tweeted his support for the new faith-based film "The Shack."
Move over Academy Awards – here are the second annual Christian Today Alternative Oscars.
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria
- Islamist Extremists Attack Churches, Terrorise Nuns In Bid To Sabotage Church's Peace Mission In The Congo
- ISIS Brutes Hang Young Mother From Cables And Rape Her Every Day For A Month In Front Of Her Children
- Why Building A Stone Factory Near Mosul Was The Way For Open Doors To Help Hundreds Of People