Rose Bowl Parade 2014 live stream free: Watch online [NBC, ABC TV broadcast schedule, start time]
The 125th Rose Parade will kick off on January 1, 2014 in Pasadena, California. The world-famous parade will begin at 8 a.m. PT/ 11a.m. ET.
Beautiful floral floats, bands, and equines are expected to march for two hours in a five mile stretch.
The parade will be broadcast live in the U.S. on ABC, NBC, HGTV, KTLA5, Univision, Red TV, Family Net, Sky Link, and the Hallmark Channel. Watch the Rose Parade online via live stream here. Select countries will also be airing the parade. Check here to see if your local network will be airing the parade.
This year's parade is themed "Dreams Come True." The digital parade program can be seen on the Tournament of Roses website here or downloaded on the iTunes store here. Audio clips on each parade entry is available on the program.
Reality show 'The Voice' will have its first ever float in this year's parade.
Float judges will be Cheryl Cecchetto, James Folsom and Rene van Rems. 46 floral masterpieces have been entered in the parade. Among them, 24 will be chosen for various awards based on creative design, floral craftsmanship, artistic merit, computerized animation, thematic interpretation, floral and color presentation and dramatic impact.
The winning floats will be announced by Tournament of Roses President Scott Jenkins on New Year's Day.
Richard De Jesu, chair of the Tournament's Judging Committee, stated: "Rose Parade floats are designed, built and decorated by teams who put heart and soul into each unique presentation. Our esteemed panel of judges looks at each float through a creative lens and identifies those elements that are most entertaining to viewers. All three judges bring a diverse set of skills that complement each other's knowledge in their profession."
The Grand Marshal for the 2014 Tournament of Roses will be Vin Scully, who has been the voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers for 64 years. Scully is a Hall of Fame broadcaster, who became the youngest person to broadcast announce a World Series game at the age of 25.
The parade route will begin on the corner of Green Street and Orange Grove Boulevard in Pasadena. The floats, bands, and equines will then turn east onto Colorado Boulevard. Toward the end of the route, the parade will turn north onto Sierra Madre Boulevard, before finishing at Villa Street.
Streets will be closed as nearly one million spectators are expected to see the Rose parade this year. (see map below)
This year's parade will feature the usual floral floats, marching bands, and equestrian units as they march down the five and a half mile route along Colorado Boulevard.
The floats are covered with thousands of flowers, leaves, seeds or bark. According to the Tournament of Roses website, each float is decorated with more flowers than an average florist will use in five years.
Grandstand tickets are available for purchase until Dec. 31, 2013. Spectators are expected to line up along the streets for curbside viewing a day before the parade.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- 5 New Testament Passages Your Pastor Has (Probably) Never Preached On
- Christian event disrupted by extremists who oppose non-Jewish activities in Israel
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Twelve Killed In Iraq In First Attack Of Its Kind Since 2015