Rodman rips Obama: Dennis Rodman criticizes Obama's ineffectiveness in Kenneth Bae North Korea case (video)
Dennis Rodman has ripped Barack Obama, claiming that the U.S. president has been so ineffective at helping to free American citizen, Kenneth Bae, that he will now undertake to take action himself.
The former NBA star was criticized by some after embarking on a controversial trip to North Korea earlier this year. However, he has not allowed that criticism stop him in any way and he now plans to make another journey to the country on August 1. It is believed that he hopes to meet with leader Kim Jong-un, and will bring up the case of Bae, a devout Christian who was reportedly arrested after taking photos of starving children in the North.
Recently Bae was sentenced to 15 years hard labor, with a North Korean court claiming he had plotted to overthrow the North Korean government.
Rodman has since spoken out about the situation, saying to TMZ: "I'm gonna try and get the guy out. It's gonna be difficult."
The basketball star has become friends with the North Korean leader, with Kim known to be a big fan of the NBA.
However, Rodman has not only spoken about his own efforts to free Bae, but has put the spotlight on President Obama, saying that he has failed in the region.
"We got a black president [who] can't even go talk to [Jong-un] … Obama can't do ****, I don't know why he won't go talk to him."
Bae, who is a naturalized United States citizen originally from South Korea, was arrested on Nov. 3 in Rason in North Korea. At the time he was escorting five businessmen from China, but was taken into custody after allegedly taking photos of starving children. He was in the country helping orphans at the time, according to some reports.
He was accused of endangering national security, and has been sentenced to 15 years hard labor.
Here is a video about Dennis Rodman urging North Korea to free Kenneth Bae:
In Canada, two bioethicists want doctors to be forced to perform abortions in hospital even against their will, and pro-life advocates are raising howl over this proposal, which has been described as "ridiculous."
A group of extremists who oppose non-Jewish actions in Israel disrupted a Christian event in the Clal Center in Jerusalem on Thursday.
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Twelve Killed In Iraq In First Attack Of Its Kind Since 2015
- Three Shot Dead In Washington Mall Shooting