Rodman rips Obama: Dennis Rodman criticizes Obama's ineffectiveness in Kenneth Bae North Korea case (video)
Dennis Rodman has ripped Barack Obama, claiming that the U.S. president has been so ineffective at helping to free American citizen, Kenneth Bae, that he will now undertake to take action himself.
The former NBA star was criticized by some after embarking on a controversial trip to North Korea earlier this year. However, he has not allowed that criticism stop him in any way and he now plans to make another journey to the country on August 1. It is believed that he hopes to meet with leader Kim Jong-un, and will bring up the case of Bae, a devout Christian who was reportedly arrested after taking photos of starving children in the North.
Recently Bae was sentenced to 15 years hard labor, with a North Korean court claiming he had plotted to overthrow the North Korean government.
Rodman has since spoken out about the situation, saying to TMZ: "I'm gonna try and get the guy out. It's gonna be difficult."
The basketball star has become friends with the North Korean leader, with Kim known to be a big fan of the NBA.
However, Rodman has not only spoken about his own efforts to free Bae, but has put the spotlight on President Obama, saying that he has failed in the region.
"We got a black president [who] can't even go talk to [Jong-un] … Obama can't do ****, I don't know why he won't go talk to him."
Bae, who is a naturalized United States citizen originally from South Korea, was arrested on Nov. 3 in Rason in North Korea. At the time he was escorting five businessmen from China, but was taken into custody after allegedly taking photos of starving children. He was in the country helping orphans at the time, according to some reports.
He was accused of endangering national security, and has been sentenced to 15 years hard labor.
Here is a video about Dennis Rodman urging North Korea to free Kenneth Bae:
Indonesian police were investigating a suspected terror attack by a knife-wielding assailant on a priest during the Sunday service at a church, and a bomb squad had been deployed to determine whether the attacker's backpack contained explosives.
Following the footsteps of Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our salvation, the 37-year-old Arab Christian man killed by a supposed Muslim hater reportedly saved the lives of at least two people, including his mother, before he was shot dead.
- It's not Christian to be nice
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Should Christian charities take atheists' money?
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- 'We are living in darkness': The heartbreaking suffering of refugees stranded in Greece
- Man in horrific crash sees vision of God in 'glowing chariot' flying through the air, lifting and saving him
- It's OK for Christians to worry about refugees in U.S., religious freedom activist says
- Archbishop from Uganda says beating of children, wives at home should stop
- Italy earthquake: State funeral held for 35 victims
- Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first female-led mosque
- Scottish police call on help of priest to get rid of 'poltergeist' causing trouble inside a house