'Rick and Morty' season 3 air date, spoilers: Mr. Meeseeks returns; Vin Diesel joins cast?
A favorite character in "Rick and Morty" — Mr. Meeseeks — will be returning to bring more adventure and jokes in season 3. Meanwhile, series creator Dan Harmon plans to welcome Vin Diesel as one of the characters in the upcoming season.
Mr. Meeseeks was first introduced in "Rick and Morty" back in season 1 in the episode titled, "Meeseeks and Destroy." He was introduced by Rick as a genie to the family. He grants wishes at the press of a button on the box where he is stored. Although fans immediately adored Mr. Meeseeks, his character did not return until the end of season 2.
At the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con last July, series creators Harmon and Justin Roiland explained that the reason for Mr. Meeseeks' non-return is that they haven't had a great idea yet for his comeback in the series. Harmon expressed that they did not want to push a Meeseeks episode when there were no windows for one, but season 3 is looking pretty good to bring back fan-favorite Mr. Meeseeks.
But Mr. Meeseeks' come back episode has not been cemented yet. According to Roiland, "Throughout the course of season three, we've had Meeseeks in two or three episodes and ultimately cut it. It's just like a background. It's not really servicing something new."
Movie News Guide reports that Mr. Meeseeks may return with a possible spoof episode titled "Star Trek: The Next Generation," where he could portray characters similar to Q and the Borg. If the episode will not push through, Mr. Meeseeks can still be a supporting character in any of the episodes in "Rick and Morty" season 3.
Harmon wants to get Vin Diesel as one of the characters for "Rick and Morty" season 3. There has been no confirmation if Diesel will accept Harmon's offer to star in the show, but there is already a character prepared if ever he does join the "Rick and Morty" season 3. Diesel will be playing D&D in "Rick and Morty" season 3 if he joins the humorous yet dark cartoon show.
"Rick and Morty" season 3 is speculated to premiere in April 2017.
The Los Angeles Rams will go on the road to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday in a big game for Week 3 of the NFL 2016 regular season. The game takes place from the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa and has a scheduled start time of 4.05 p.m. ET.
When she's up on the stage and under the bright lights as she performs, Christian singer and "American Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino appears to be a woman of strength and inspiration.
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- Pro-life activists oppose 'ridiculous' proposal from bioethicists to force doctors to kill babies
- Christian event disrupted by extremists who oppose non-Jewish activities in Israel
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians