'Penny Dreadful' season 4 renewal, air date: Online petition launched for Netflix to continue series
"Penny Dreadful" officially ended when the season 3 finale saw the death of Vanessa Ives (Eva Green), and the ending title added before the credits rolled. Back in June, series creator and writer John Logan had confirmed this was the end of the show, but this has not stopped fans from launching a petition for season 4 to press forward.
Launched on Change.org, the petition aims to reach 15,000 signatures and hopes to garner enough attention, especially from other networks and streaming programs like Netflix. As of writing, the petition only lacks more than 600 signatures to reach its goal.
Even if the petition reaches its goal, there is no guarantee that John Logan would continue working on the series. As he explained to Deadline back when the show ended, he had always envisioned it to be a three-season story, and there would be no point in doing a spin-off or a sequel without Vanessa Ives.
"I can absolutely confirm it is really over, the end, that's all she wrote. The whole idea to have this be the end of the series applies to all of the characters not just for Vanessa Ives," Logan told Deadline. "I think this is the right ending so for me to revisit that world again would seem inorganic, I think," he went on to say.
He did confirm that if Showtime executive David Nevins ever approached him in the future about revisiting the show or doing something related, he would still be open to conversations, but as it stands, the series is officially done and over.
If a network like Netflix does get interested and wants to do a fourth season or a spin-off and manage to get the rights from Showtime, it might have to continue without the input of John Logan or any of the original cast.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Should Christians Practise Yoga?
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- Why John Piper's View Of Christian Hierarchy Is Fundamentally Secular
- 10 Challenging Quotes From St Francis Of Assisi That Will Change The Way You View Faith
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Corbyn: Labour Can Learn Lessons From Faith Groups' Unity
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Thousands Of Muslim Buildings And Mosques Set For Demolition In Myanmar
- Christian Family Of Slain Jordanian Writer Demand Prime Minister Quits
- '20 Churches Destroyed' As Airstrikes Continue To Pound Aleppo
- Slain Mexican Priests Victims Of 'Malicious' Smear Campaign, Church Says
- Poland moves a step closer to banning all abortions
- Christians join other faith leaders in Israel for a 'dangerous' show of interfaith unity