Cate Blanchett Oscars 2014 acceptance speech video for Best Actress Award win
UPDATE: Cate Blanchett WINS BEST ACTRESS
The 86th Annual Academy Awards took place tonight, and Cate Blanchett had been the talk of the town to win Best Actress award since last summer, beating Amy Adams, Sandra Bullocks, Judi Dench and Meryl Streep.
And tonight, Blanchett indeed won the Best Actress award.
Watch her acceptance speech below:
Cate Blanchett's performance in Blue Jasmine is mesmerizing and captivates the audience.
In Blue Jasmine, Blanchett plays a New York socialite who loses her mind after losing everything she had – wealth, husband, family and status. Her breakdown comes after finding out her husband's affair and his request for a divorce.
The Australian actress has already won dozens of awards for her role as Jeanette 'Jasmine' Francis, including the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama.
Blanchett won the Academy Award for Best Supporting actress for her role as Katharine Hepburn in 2004 and she is expected to nab her second Oscars tonight.
The 2014 Oscars award ceremony took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood Mar. 2, 2014.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Sikh Woman Converts To Christianity After Praying To Jesus
- 3 Things Jesus' Death Teaches Us About Humanity
- I Was Kicked Out Of Turkey For Being A Christian
- Children Fleeing ISIS In Mosul Find Sanctuary
- Rick Warren: How To Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Why Practising Christian Mindfulness Doesn't Mean Turning Buddhist
- Why The Pope's Historic Trip To Sweden Is So Significant
- Will Christians And Muslims Be Able To Live Side By Side In Iraq After ISIS?
- Sexual Violence: Why Christians Have To Talk About It
- Ancient Papyrus Discovered In Israel Reveals Mystery Of King's Maidservant
- Christians And Muslims Join Forces In Pakistan To Save Nine-Year-Old Boy From Blasphemy Charge
- Young Iraqi Christian Girl Who Forgave ISIS 'Joyful' About Returning Home After Liberation
- Christianity Is In Danger Of Disappearing For Good From Iraq Even After Defeat Of ISIS
- 20 Chinese Christians Beaten And Couple Imprisoned For Hanging Cross In Home
- Ireland's Conservative Abortion Laws Could Be Liberalised