Orange is the New Black season 2 release date early 2014 as production continues
The official release date of Netflix original series Orange is the New Black season 2 has not been announced yet, but the cast and crew have been busy filming the new series this year.
The filming of the popular prison drama was mid-way through completion in November, indicating that the show's second season will launch some time in early 2014.
Season 2 is expected to delve deeper into other characters besides Taylor Schilling's Piper Chapman.
"In season 2, we're gonna get deeper, we're gonna know who these ladies are on a deeper level, even if we don't get to how each got in prison," Samira Wiley told ScreenCrush.
Beloved characters will be returning, including Taryn Mamning's Tiffany Doggett, Danielle Brook's Taystee and Uzo Aduba's Crazy Eyes.
Laura Prepon will be returning as Alex Vause for only four episodes of the new season, although there are reports that she may return in future seasons.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Meanwhile, Netflix's House of Cards will finally be launching its second season in February 2014. Production for the political drama ended Nov. 8 and post-production is expected to continue until the launch date.
The synopsis for the second season is as follows:
"In the second season, Francis and Claire Underwood continue their ruthless rise to power as threats mount on all fronts. Zoe Barnes, an up-and-coming reporter and Francis's former paramour, is inching closer to the truth about his crimes. President Walker's billionaire confidante Raymond Tusk demands that Francis reciprocate political favours or face retribution. And Claire must confront the increasing glare of the spotlight as it eats away at her and Francis's once private existence. The Underwoods must overcome these dangers — past and present — to avoid losing everything, regardless of collateral damage they leave in their wake."
Both Netflix series have been nominated for the 2014 Writers Guild Awards. OITNB has been nominated for New Series and Comedy Series, while House of Cards received nods for Drama Series and New Series.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Why We Need To Stop Calling Our Opponents 'Evil'
- Pakistan Province Bans Forced Conversions of Christians to Islam; Move Hailed as 'Great Step' to Protect Minorities
- Fear Grips Christian Converts in Europe Refugee Camps Amid Death Threats From Muslim Extremists
- Newly Baptised Girl and Her Younger Brother Survive Knife Attack By Their Own Mom; God Saved Them, Says Pastor
- Having Problems Conceiving a Child? Hope Springs Eternal With Medical Treatment — or Prayers and Belief in 'Miraculous Cures'
- Archbishop Of Nigeria To Settle Row Between Bishop And His Church After They Locked Him Out
- The Calais Refugee 'Problem' Has Merely Been Displaced, Not Solved