Orange is the New Black season 2 release date early 2014 as production continues
The official release date of Netflix original series Orange is the New Black season 2 has not been announced yet, but the cast and crew have been busy filming the new series this year.
The filming of the popular prison drama was mid-way through completion in November, indicating that the show's second season will launch some time in early 2014.
Season 2 is expected to delve deeper into other characters besides Taylor Schilling's Piper Chapman.
"In season 2, we're gonna get deeper, we're gonna know who these ladies are on a deeper level, even if we don't get to how each got in prison," Samira Wiley told ScreenCrush.
Beloved characters will be returning, including Taryn Mamning's Tiffany Doggett, Danielle Brook's Taystee and Uzo Aduba's Crazy Eyes.
Laura Prepon will be returning as Alex Vause for only four episodes of the new season, although there are reports that she may return in future seasons.
Meanwhile, Netflix's House of Cards will finally be launching its second season in February 2014. Production for the political drama ended Nov. 8 and post-production is expected to continue until the launch date.
The synopsis for the second season is as follows:
"In the second season, Francis and Claire Underwood continue their ruthless rise to power as threats mount on all fronts. Zoe Barnes, an up-and-coming reporter and Francis's former paramour, is inching closer to the truth about his crimes. President Walker's billionaire confidante Raymond Tusk demands that Francis reciprocate political favours or face retribution. And Claire must confront the increasing glare of the spotlight as it eats away at her and Francis's once private existence. The Underwoods must overcome these dangers — past and present — to avoid losing everything, regardless of collateral damage they leave in their wake."
Both Netflix series have been nominated for the 2014 Writers Guild Awards. OITNB has been nominated for New Series and Comedy Series, while House of Cards received nods for Drama Series and New Series.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- What do you do when you just don't like someone?
- The dress code for a disciple of Christ
- Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first female-led mosque
- It's not Christian to be nice
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Couple lose child against their wishes after court lifts temporary halt on pulling life support
- Church officials in Ghana stand up for residents whose lands are being stolen from them
- Yazidi girl disfigures self by burning her face and body to avoid becoming an ISIS sex slave
- Anglicans consider new synod to oppose gay marriage
- Full ban on burkinis would stoke tensions, admits French minister
- Prayer relieves woman's horrendous headache after road accident