NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti release date: A performance beast GPU to arrive by early 2017?
NVIDIA is expected to release another gaming GPU beast in the form of the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. Its technical specifications have been leaked, and the said tech is expected to come around by early next year.
According to the leak, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti will have a GP102 GPU, packs 3,328 CUDA Cores, 12 billion transistors, a base clock of 1,503 MHz, and a boosted clock of 1,623 MHz. Its memory specs show a 12 GB of GDDR5X VRAM, 8 Gbps speed, 384-bit interface width, and 480 Gbps bandwidth. Its computing power is rated at 10 TFLOPS, while TDP is at 250W.
For comparison, WCCFTech posted a side-by-side comparison of the rumored card, the GTX Titan X (Pascal) and the GTX 1080. The Titan X has 3584 CUDA Cores and 11 TFLOPS computing power but has a lower base and boost clock at 1,417 and 1,530 MHz respectively. The rest have the same value. It is powerful, but not by a huge margin.
As expected, the Ti version is more capable than the normal GTX 1080, and there is a huge difference between the two, starting with 2560 CUDA Cores, 7.2 billion transistors, 8 GB of VRAM, 256-bit interface, 320 Gbps bandwidth, and 9 TFLOPS of computing power. However, it has the highest base and boost clocks among the three, at 1607 and 1730 MHz respectively. It also consumes less power at 180W.
Now, what does this mean for the PC gamers and hardware enthusiast on the lookout on which video graphics card to upgrade to? It means that they can get an almost as powerful as the GTX Titan X, but is less expensive.
In addition, seasoned PC enthusiasts are already aware that this scenario would happen someday. It has happened before to both NVIDIA and AMD with their previous releases, such as the GTX 980 Ti/Titan X, the GTX 970/ 980, and the GTX 670/ 680. On AMD's side, the R9 390/390X, and with the 290/290X. These even go several years back, thus, gamers always choose the second fastest GPU in the series, and it never fails.
If rumors are believed to be true, the NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti will be available in the early months of 2017.
Christian singer and 'American Idol' winner Fantasia Barrino thankful to God for saving her after suicide attempt
When she's up on the stage and under the bright lights as she performs, Christian singer and "American Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino appears to be a woman of strength and inspiration.
The Christian band Casting Crowns has reached a career milestone with over 10 million albums sold, and they are planning to increase numbers ever since the release of their new album called "The Very Next Thing."
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Corbyn: Labour Can Learn Lessons From Faith Groups' Unity
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Shocking Rise In Child Rape In Sierra Leone
- Pastor kills self after mistakenly sending his nude photos intended for his mistress to church members instead
- Filipino church worker who survived terror bombing still thanks God despite death of his wife and son
- ISIS tortures 6 boys to death with use of welding tools; 3 kids caught playing soccer get 30 lashes each
- Child saint suddenly opens her eyes — after she died 300 years ago, shocking tourists in Mexico
- Muslim And Christian Children In Aleppo Will Pray Together For End To Brutal Conflict