Neil Armstrong EKG reading when he landed on the moon up for auction
Neil Armstrong's EKG readings will be amongst space and aviation artifacts being auctioned off at a New Hampshire auction house. Other items up for auction include a joystick controller that was operated by Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.
The first man on the moon's electrocardiogram of when he first set foot on the moon had registered a normal heartbeat. Armstrong made the historical step on the moon on July 20, 1969 and said the infamous words: "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant step for mankind." The online auction will take place May 16 to May 23.
Armstrong, an Ohio native, passed away in August 2012 at the age of 82 from heart compliations. He had received a bypass surgery to relieve blocked coronary arteries on August 7 but died August 25 due to complications.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
His family released a statement after his death, describing him as a "reluctant American hero [who had] served his nation proudly, as a navy fighter pilot, test pilot, and astronaut ... While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves. For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."
Armstrong is survived by his second wife and two children with his first wife.
Whether you cannot sleep at night, need protection or just want to be thankful, use these bedtime prayers to indulge in a personal conversation with the Lord Almighty.
Life in your twenties can be deeply intimidating, and full of difficult questions. As you face the road ahead, here are two questions that could change your life.
- Why The Local Church Is More Important Than Ever In The Digital Age
- What's Wrong With TULIP? Southern Baptists Resist 'Aggressive' Advance Of New Calvinism
- 75 Thoughts You Have At A Carol Service
- Should Protestants Pay More Attention To Mary? And What's The Immaculate Conception Anyway?
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- 'Father Forgive': How One Christian Woman Learnt To Forgive Her Husband's Murderers
- Are You Living With A Ten-Verse Bible? Here's Why It's So Dangerous For Your Spiritual Health
- Hospitals Destroyed And Millions Starving: The Crisis In Yemen Is Worsening
- Franklin Graham Slams Time Magazine For Comparison Of Hillary Clinton To Moses
- Donald Trump Chooses Climate Sceptic and Committed Christian Scott Pruitt For Top Environment Job
- Christian Politician Faces Controversial Blasphemy Trial In Indonesia
- British Government Has Failed The Christians Of Syria And Iraq, Senior Clergy Say
- Christian Charity Compassion International Could Be Forced Out Of India