Neil Armstrong EKG reading when he landed on the moon up for auction
Neil Armstrong's EKG readings will be amongst space and aviation artifacts being auctioned off at a New Hampshire auction house. Other items up for auction include a joystick controller that was operated by Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.
The first man on the moon's electrocardiogram of when he first set foot on the moon had registered a normal heartbeat. Armstrong made the historical step on the moon on July 20, 1969 and said the infamous words: "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant step for mankind." The online auction will take place May 16 to May 23.
Armstrong, an Ohio native, passed away in August 2012 at the age of 82 from heart compliations. He had received a bypass surgery to relieve blocked coronary arteries on August 7 but died August 25 due to complications.
His family released a statement after his death, describing him as a "reluctant American hero [who had] served his nation proudly, as a navy fighter pilot, test pilot, and astronaut ... While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves. For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."
Armstrong is survived by his second wife and two children with his first wife.
I've found my experience online has grown darker lately. My Facebook timeline has fewer happy snaps of family holidays, less encouragement and hilarity, not as many links to edifying blogs or stimulating podcasts.
Here are five areas to lift up to God for when praying for your adult children.
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- What Makes A Great Sermon? 5 Tips For The Perfect Preach
- Why Are Black Majority Churches Growing So Fast In The UK?
- These Are 5 Qualities That Make A Great Pastor
- Why Building A Stone Factory Near Mosul Was The Way For Open Doors To Help Hundreds Of People
- Massive Cross Raised On Iraq Hillside Symbolises Victory Of Light Over Darkness
- Bishops Urge International Aid For South Sudan As Millions Starve
- American Missionary Sentenced To 40 Years For Sexually Abusing Children In Kenya
- Syrian Man 'Tortured' There After US Church Published His Baptism Can't Sue, Court Rules
- ISIS Terror Grows In Egypt As Christian Man Shot Dead And Son Burned Alive