Natalie Mains solo album video: 'Mother' released 7 years after Dixie Chick's last album
Dixie Chicks frontwoman Natalie Maines has officially released her first-ever solo album Tuesday.
The new album is titled, "Mother" and is significantly different from the Chicks' usual country music style with a much more edgy feel.
The release of "Mother" will be almost seven years after the Dixie Chicks released their last album, "Taking the Long Way."
Artists such as Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam have collaborated in the songs featured. The Dixie Chicks are an American country music band composed of founding members Martie Erwin Maguire, Emily Erwin Robison, and Natalie Maines. The band was formed in 1989 in Dallas, Texas. Their hit songs include "There's Your Trouble" and "Wide Open Spaces".
The band was heavily criticized in 2003 for their outcry against the Iraq invasion. Maines slammed the decision at a London concert just 10 days before the invasion, saying "we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States [George W. Bush] is from Texas."
As of last year, the Dixie Chicks had won 13 Grammy Awards, including a Grammy award for Album of the Year in 2007 for "Taking the Long Way."
They have sold over 30 million albums worldwide and is one of the biggest selling country pop group in the U.S.
Duggar Family News: Two More Courtships Rumored As Jinger Duggar And Jeremy Vuolo Enjoy Honeymoon In Australia
Newlyweds Jinger Duggar and Jeremy Vuolo may be the focus of current episodes of Counting On, but tongues are wagging about the possibility of more romance in the air for the Duggar clan.
Every marriage is unique, and what works for one couple does not necessarily mean it will work for another. But for "Fixer Upper" stars Chip and Joanna Gaines, they believe that maintaining a good balance and respecting each other's boundaries are keys to their marriage's wellbeing.
- Why This Old Testament Verse Is So Special - It's Full Of The Gospel
- 10 Things I've Tried – And Failed – To Give Up For Lent
- 8 Ways To Improve The Preaching In Your Church
- Remembering George Herbert: 10 Quotes From The Great Priest And Poet
- Tim Keller's Leaving Redeemer Presbyterian: 5 Lessons For Christian Leaders
- Films About Faith: Christian Today's Alternative Oscars 2017
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- Egypt Exodus: Hundreds Of Christians Flee As ISIS Militants Go On Killing Spree
- Bishop Angaelos Implores Action For Egypt's Coptic Christians 'Being Killed In The Streets'
- Where Is Jeff Woodke? Concern Grows For Missing US Missionary
- Mexican Church Says Trump Migrant Plans Are 'Terrorism'
- Chinese Pastor Arrested After Refusing State Surveillance Of Church
- Czech Christian Jailed In Sudan Has Been Freed