Natalie Mains solo album video: 'Mother' released 7 years after Dixie Chick's last album
Dixie Chicks frontwoman Natalie Maines has officially released her first-ever solo album Tuesday.
The new album is titled, "Mother" and is significantly different from the Chicks' usual country music style with a much more edgy feel.
The release of "Mother" will be almost seven years after the Dixie Chicks released their last album, "Taking the Long Way."
Artists such as Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam have collaborated in the songs featured. The Dixie Chicks are an American country music band composed of founding members Martie Erwin Maguire, Emily Erwin Robison, and Natalie Maines. The band was formed in 1989 in Dallas, Texas. Their hit songs include "There's Your Trouble" and "Wide Open Spaces".
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
The band was heavily criticized in 2003 for their outcry against the Iraq invasion. Maines slammed the decision at a London concert just 10 days before the invasion, saying "we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States [George W. Bush] is from Texas."
As of last year, the Dixie Chicks had won 13 Grammy Awards, including a Grammy award for Album of the Year in 2007 for "Taking the Long Way."
They have sold over 30 million albums worldwide and is one of the biggest selling country pop group in the U.S.
More than 33,000 people have signed a petition that defends the conservative view on same-sex marriage taken by the pastor of HGTV stars Chip and Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper. More than 86,000 have signed another petition calling on HGTV to keep airing the show.
Justin Bieber appeared to be in a "joking" mood, but what he said during a concert in London last week still struck a chord.
- Faith, Hope, And Politics: The Book You Need To Read In 2017
- Would Jesus Burn The Stars And Stripes?
- 3 Biblical Truths To Stand On When The World Shakes
- 7 Tips For Making The Most Of A Short Term Mission Trip
- Thousands Sign Petitions In Support Of Fixer Upper Stars Chip And Joanna Gaines
- The Rapture In Three Weeks? This Christian Computer Scientist Thinks So
- Rare Wycliffe Bible Smashes Estimate, Sells For $1.7 Million
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- Persecution Of Christians At An All-Time High In India: Has The World Stopped Caring?
- The Incredible Story Of How One Bishop Saved The Lives Of Over 200 Assyrian Christians
- Christians accused of proselytising in Nepal cleared of charges
- Christians Struggle to Live Normal Lives in India, But They're Determined to Persevere, Bishop Says
- Dying Young Girl Is Sent Off in a Blaze of Purple Lights By Neighbours on Her Way to Spend Christmas With Jesus
- Abandoned 'Baby Girl Hope' Melts New Yorkers' Hearts; Over 500 of Them Want to Adopt Her