Natalie Mains solo album video: 'Mother' released 7 years after Dixie Chick's last album
Dixie Chicks frontwoman Natalie Maines has officially released her first-ever solo album Tuesday.
The new album is titled, "Mother" and is significantly different from the Chicks' usual country music style with a much more edgy feel.
The release of "Mother" will be almost seven years after the Dixie Chicks released their last album, "Taking the Long Way."
Artists such as Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam have collaborated in the songs featured. The Dixie Chicks are an American country music band composed of founding members Martie Erwin Maguire, Emily Erwin Robison, and Natalie Maines. The band was formed in 1989 in Dallas, Texas. Their hit songs include "There's Your Trouble" and "Wide Open Spaces".
The band was heavily criticized in 2003 for their outcry against the Iraq invasion. Maines slammed the decision at a London concert just 10 days before the invasion, saying "we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States [George W. Bush] is from Texas."
As of last year, the Dixie Chicks had won 13 Grammy Awards, including a Grammy award for Album of the Year in 2007 for "Taking the Long Way."
They have sold over 30 million albums worldwide and is one of the biggest selling country pop group in the U.S.
Candace Cameron Bure's daughter Natasha is following her mother's footsteps to stardom.
Rapper DMX, who dreams of becoming a pastor, testifies how difficult times helped him to know God more
It has always been the dream of rapper DMX to become a pastor, and he is slowly making that dream a reality. A video was posted recently on BET Gospel's Facebook page showing the Christian artist preaching before the pulpit in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- Finding God in the midst of suffering
- Rahab the prostitute: Was she a traitor or a heroine?
- Why going to church could be the best way of evangelising
- Tom Daley and Christian Voice: What the Twitter row really has to teach us
- Why being part of a church is not optional for Christians
- Seduction and beheading: What a dark Bible story tells us about goodness
- Why it's time to stop saying 'God has a special someone planned for you'
- The Story of Christ: Feature film shot in virtual reality to be released this Christmas
- Beauty queen thanks parents' faith in God for decision not to abort her despite her disability
- Bishops in Nigeria warn government against promoting culture of contraception, abortion
- Continued persecution: Christian leader in China gets 7 years in jail for 'harming social stability'
- Parents give the credit to God after their 16-year-old son survives deadly brain-eating amoeba
- Egypt: Knife-wielding attacker shot dead after stabbing guard at Coptic church
- Mark Driscoll hits out at polygamy and warns it could be legal within two decades