Natalie Mains solo album video: 'Mother' released 7 years after Dixie Chick's last album
Dixie Chicks frontwoman Natalie Maines has officially released her first-ever solo album Tuesday.
The new album is titled, "Mother" and is significantly different from the Chicks' usual country music style with a much more edgy feel.
The release of "Mother" will be almost seven years after the Dixie Chicks released their last album, "Taking the Long Way."
Artists such as Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam have collaborated in the songs featured. The Dixie Chicks are an American country music band composed of founding members Martie Erwin Maguire, Emily Erwin Robison, and Natalie Maines. The band was formed in 1989 in Dallas, Texas. Their hit songs include "There's Your Trouble" and "Wide Open Spaces".
The band was heavily criticized in 2003 for their outcry against the Iraq invasion. Maines slammed the decision at a London concert just 10 days before the invasion, saying "we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States [George W. Bush] is from Texas."
As of last year, the Dixie Chicks had won 13 Grammy Awards, including a Grammy award for Album of the Year in 2007 for "Taking the Long Way."
They have sold over 30 million albums worldwide and is one of the biggest selling country pop group in the U.S.
The [Spoiler free] Theology of Doctor Strange
Christian Singer Who Landed Record Deal After Singing At Joey Feek's Funeral Says It's Proof of How God 'Brings Blessing' Out of Terrible Situation
Christian singer Joey Feek is no longer with this world, but bluegrass artist Bradley Walker said that she continues to inspire him to this day.
- I Was Kicked Out Of Turkey For Being A Christian
- Children Fleeing ISIS In Mosul Find Sanctuary
- Rick Warren: How To Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Why Practising Christian Mindfulness Doesn't Mean Turning Buddhist
- Why The Pope's Historic Trip To Sweden Is So Significant
- Will Christians And Muslims Be Able To Live Side By Side In Iraq After ISIS?
- Sexual Violence: Why Christians Have To Talk About It
- Power Women: The Villagers Standing Up Against Sierra Leone's Rapists
- 3 Ancient Prayers That Will Help You Encounter God In A New Way
- 20 Chinese Christians Beaten And Couple Imprisoned For Hanging Cross In Home
- Ireland's Conservative Abortion Laws Could Be Liberalised
- Russell Moore: If Religious Right Is Not Able To Re-Focus On The Gospel It Deserves To Die
- Vatican And Argentina To Release Archives Of 'Dirty War' That Killed 30,000
- God's Newly Discovered Creations Amaze Scientists: Bizarre New Animals Found Under 'Submerged America'
- Basilica Of The Transfiguration Vandalised And Robbed