Nancy Motes suicide note? Julia Roberts' half-sister left 5-page letter: REPORT
Nancy Motes, the half-sister of actress Julia Roberts, is believed to have committed suicide, according to The New York Daily News.
Motes, 37, allegedly left a five-page suicide note, in which she accused her Oscar-winning sister of driving her to kill herself.
A source told the New York Daily News: "It was definitely a suicide. She left a five-page suicide letter. The EMT found it. There were three page rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck.)"
The actress' sister was found dead Monday, Feb. 10, of an apparent drug overdose in a full bathtub at a home in Santa Monica. Her body was discovered by her fiancé John Dilbeck at 2 p.m.
Motes, 37, was the youngest sister of Oscar winning actress Julia Roberts and actor Eric Roberts. She and Julia Roberts have the same mother - Betty Lou Motes.
The news of an alleged suicide note comes after a series of recent tweets by Motes were revealed. These comments have since been deleted, but according to the Daily Mail, one tweet on Jan. 20 said: "America's Sweetheart" is a B*****!!" Another reads, "Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She's not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F***ed with me?" Another tweet reads: "I must admit I maybe going to far.. but I never been so angry in my life. I'm actually a pretty easygoing, peaceful person."
Another tweet on Jan. 22 claims: "(M)y own family has abandoned me."
Motes' family confirmed her death in a statement released Monday: "It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated."
Last year, Motes talked to The Sun about her weight issues. "When you're in a family of very, very exceptionally beautiful people it's intimidating. I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside. A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight," she told the paper.
Motes had also revealed that she planned to marry her boyfriend John Dilbeck in May.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- The Lie Single Christians Believe And How It's Harming Mission
- Struggling With Comparing Yourself To Others? Time To Do Something About It
- Why Does God Allow Depression?
- Could Orthodox Churches Recognise The Pope? It's No Longer Completely Unthinkable
- Bieber Sings Delirious? Six Other Musical Acts And The Worship Songs They Should Cover
- Finding Focus: Four Ideas For The Desperately Distracted
- In Good Times And Bad, Why Psalm 23 Will See Us Through
- Leonard Cohen: 10 Of His Best Songs About Faith, God and Spirituality
- The Christian Comeback Is Coming, Says Brian McLaren
- Pro-life activists oppose 'ridiculous' proposal from bioethicists to force doctors to kill babies
- Christian event disrupted by extremists who oppose non-Jewish activities in Israel
- Over 160 ISIS militants killed in coalition airstrike in Iraq; jihadists surround Mosul with oil tanks
- Boko Haram militants shoot Christians returning home from church in Nigeria, killing 8; 2 other attacks claim 10 lives
- Chinese businessman who converted to Christianity from Buddhism to build $1.2m Noah's Ark replica
- Why The Church Has Got To Start Caring About Persecuted Christians