Nancy Motes suicide note? Julia Roberts' half-sister left 5-page letter: REPORT
Nancy Motes, the half-sister of actress Julia Roberts, is believed to have committed suicide, according to The New York Daily News.
Motes, 37, allegedly left a five-page suicide note, in which she accused her Oscar-winning sister of driving her to kill herself.
A source told the New York Daily News: "It was definitely a suicide. She left a five-page suicide letter. The EMT found it. There were three page rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck.)"
The actress' sister was found dead Monday, Feb. 10, of an apparent drug overdose in a full bathtub at a home in Santa Monica. Her body was discovered by her fiancé John Dilbeck at 2 p.m.
Motes, 37, was the youngest sister of Oscar winning actress Julia Roberts and actor Eric Roberts. She and Julia Roberts have the same mother - Betty Lou Motes.
The news of an alleged suicide note comes after a series of recent tweets by Motes were revealed. These comments have since been deleted, but according to the Daily Mail, one tweet on Jan. 20 said: "America's Sweetheart" is a B*****!!" Another reads, "Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She's not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F***ed with me?" Another tweet reads: "I must admit I maybe going to far.. but I never been so angry in my life. I'm actually a pretty easygoing, peaceful person."
Another tweet on Jan. 22 claims: "(M)y own family has abandoned me."
Motes' family confirmed her death in a statement released Monday: "It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated."
Last year, Motes talked to The Sun about her weight issues. "When you're in a family of very, very exceptionally beautiful people it's intimidating. I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside. A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight," she told the paper.
Motes had also revealed that she planned to marry her boyfriend John Dilbeck in May.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 6 Scripture verses about the heart – and why they don't mean what you think
- Study shows 'religious' countries are worse at science. What does this really tell us?
- 5 truths to cling to in the midst of uncertainty
- 'Identity' by Colton Dixon: An ambitious, vibrant and hopeful anthem
- Don't blame Islam, don't blame religion: It's people that make the world violent
- Persevering when times are tough: 6 scriptures to help you keep going
- Is it ever God's fault when we sin?
- Music in church can be a battlefield. So what's the point of it?
- In His Grip: A guide to Christian email sign-offs
- Pastor reveals horror of child sacrifices in Uganda, claims murder of innocents is big business
- Christianity is 'over' in Iraq, but 'God is not dead despite terrible persecution,' says 'Vicar of Baghdad'
- Archbishop of Canterbury: 'Christ's love and self-sacrifice will triumph over evil and despair'
- In Afghanistan, more than 1 in 10 babies die at birth. Here's why – and how it can change
- #PrayForLondon is the latest #PrayFor hashtag to trend. Sadly, there have been many others
- Fortune's 50 greatest leaders: Who is the one religious figure?