Nancy Motes suicide note? Julia Roberts' half-sister left 5-page letter: REPORT
Nancy Motes, the half-sister of actress Julia Roberts, is believed to have committed suicide, according to The New York Daily News.
Motes, 37, allegedly left a five-page suicide note, in which she accused her Oscar-winning sister of driving her to kill herself.
A source told the New York Daily News: "It was definitely a suicide. She left a five-page suicide letter. The EMT found it. There were three page rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck.)"
The actress' sister was found dead Monday, Feb. 10, of an apparent drug overdose in a full bathtub at a home in Santa Monica. Her body was discovered by her fiancé John Dilbeck at 2 p.m.
Motes, 37, was the youngest sister of Oscar winning actress Julia Roberts and actor Eric Roberts. She and Julia Roberts have the same mother - Betty Lou Motes.
The news of an alleged suicide note comes after a series of recent tweets by Motes were revealed. These comments have since been deleted, but according to the Daily Mail, one tweet on Jan. 20 said: "America's Sweetheart" is a B*****!!" Another reads, "Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She's not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F***ed with me?" Another tweet reads: "I must admit I maybe going to far.. but I never been so angry in my life. I'm actually a pretty easygoing, peaceful person."
Another tweet on Jan. 22 claims: "(M)y own family has abandoned me."
Motes' family confirmed her death in a statement released Monday: "It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated."
Last year, Motes talked to The Sun about her weight issues. "When you're in a family of very, very exceptionally beautiful people it's intimidating. I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside. A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight," she told the paper.
Motes had also revealed that she planned to marry her boyfriend John Dilbeck in May.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Children Fleeing ISIS In Mosul Find Sanctuary
- Rick Warren: How To Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Why Practising Christian Mindfulness Doesn't Mean Turning Buddhist
- Why The Pope's Historic Trip To Sweden Is So Significant
- Will Christians And Muslims Be Able To Live Side By Side In Iraq After ISIS?
- Sexual Violence: Why Christians Have To Talk About It
- Power Women: The Villagers Standing Up Against Sierra Leone's Rapists
- 3 Ancient Prayers That Will Help You Encounter God In A New Way
- Is Your Giving Doing More Harm Than Good?
- God's Newly Discovered Creations Amaze Scientists: Bizarre New Animals Found Under 'Submerged America'
- Basilica Of The Transfiguration Vandalised And Robbed
- Christians Still At Risk Of Extinction In Iraq Even After Defeat Of ISIS
- I Was Kicked Out Of Turkey For Being A Christian
- Child Refugees From Calais Head For Britain As France Prepares To Demolish Jungle
- Pope Urges Venezuelan Leader To Negotiate With Opposition Amid Crisis