Malaysia Flight MH370 update: Malaysia to deploy more search equipment for missing aircraft
Four months after Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 went missing, Malaysia is still not done with its search efforts. The country is reportedly sending more equipment to help with the search in the Indian Ocean.
According to the South China Morning Post, Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said that a "Malaysian navy ship equipped with a multi-beam echo sounder" will join the search on August 4. It will do a deep-sea search, as the multi-beam echo sounder is used as a device tto map the ocean floor.
Hussein also shared that Deftech and Phoenix International will deploy a synthetic aperture sonar that will be used to scan the ocean floor. Boustead Heavy Industries and iXBlue Australia will send a deep-towed side scan sonar to aid in the search. The equipment is expected to be mobilized immediately and the equipment is set to reach the search zones in mid-August.
The disappearance of Flight MH370 is still a big mystery. There were news that debris was found in the Indian Ocean and it was assumed that it was the remains of the Boeing 777. Further, the Malaysian Prime Minister also released a statement that there are no living survivors from the flight. Of course, there's still no confirmation of any of these news until they are able to find concrete evidence.
The Malaysia Airline Flight 370 lost contact back in March 8 when it left Kuala Lumpur and headed to Beijing. There were 239 passengers, most of which were Chinese citizens. Satellite data analyzed that the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean, but so far, the Australian-led search team still hasn't found any evidence.
Hopefully, the new equipment aimed to help in doing underwater search can be a big addition to the search. The search will cover up to 60,000 square kilometers and can take up to a year.
"Counting On" star Jessa Duggar is expecting her second baby with husband Ben Seewald, who is due sometime in 2017. It looks like the 23-year-old Christian reality star's second pregnancy is making her feel nostalgic since she's looking back at the time she got pregnant with her firstborn Spurgeon Elliot.
Good news for newlyweds Ciara and Russell Wilson: They are finally expecting their first child together!
- Are Churches Really As Unwelcoming As Surveys Say?
- Why Pope Francis May Get The Cold Shoulder In Sweden
- God & The Presidency: The Faith of Dwight D Eisenhower
- Why I Left Church And Why I'm Going Back Again
- Out Of The Darkness: How God Transformed A Violent Criminal
- Doctor Strange: The Most Theological Marvel Movie So Far
- The Church And Argentina's Dirty War: Why The Vatican Needs To Open Its Files
- Sikh Woman Converts To Christianity After Praying To Jesus
- 3 Things Jesus' Death Teaches Us About Humanity
- Religious Freedom 'Is A Litmus Test Of Overall Freedom' Says EU Special Envoy
- 4 Countries Where Christians Are Persecuted For Their Faith
- Cathedral Lit Red In Solidarity With Persecuted Christians
- EU Parliament Votes To Protect Christians In Iraq After ISIS Is Defeated
- Vatican To Host Concert For The Poor And Homeless
- Jesus' 'Burial Slab' Uncovered For First Time In Centuries