Malaysia Flight MH370 update: Malaysia to deploy more search equipment for missing aircraft
Four months after Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 went missing, Malaysia is still not done with its search efforts. The country is reportedly sending more equipment to help with the search in the Indian Ocean.
According to the South China Morning Post, Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said that a "Malaysian navy ship equipped with a multi-beam echo sounder" will join the search on August 4. It will do a deep-sea search, as the multi-beam echo sounder is used as a device tto map the ocean floor.
Hussein also shared that Deftech and Phoenix International will deploy a synthetic aperture sonar that will be used to scan the ocean floor. Boustead Heavy Industries and iXBlue Australia will send a deep-towed side scan sonar to aid in the search. The equipment is expected to be mobilized immediately and the equipment is set to reach the search zones in mid-August.
The disappearance of Flight MH370 is still a big mystery. There were news that debris was found in the Indian Ocean and it was assumed that it was the remains of the Boeing 777. Further, the Malaysian Prime Minister also released a statement that there are no living survivors from the flight. Of course, there's still no confirmation of any of these news until they are able to find concrete evidence.
The Malaysia Airline Flight 370 lost contact back in March 8 when it left Kuala Lumpur and headed to Beijing. There were 239 passengers, most of which were Chinese citizens. Satellite data analyzed that the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean, but so far, the Australian-led search team still hasn't found any evidence.
Hopefully, the new equipment aimed to help in doing underwater search can be a big addition to the search. The search will cover up to 60,000 square kilometers and can take up to a year.
Finding Dory review: Beautiful and hilarious but too dangerous for my 10-year-old and 93,468 other children
If you have adopted children who are still vulnerable, this film may not be for you
One Million Moms raps Nickelodeon for featuring same-sex couple on 'The Loud House' animated show for kids
The Christian watchdog group One Million Moms is alerting all parents on Nickelodeon's animated show "The Loud House," since it featured a married same-sex couple in the episode "Overnight Success," which was aired on July 20.
- Jairus' daughter and the sick woman: What links these two stories?
- Finding Dory review: Beautiful and hilarious but too dangerous for my 10-year-old and 93,468 other children
- Who's backing Trump and who's for Clinton? The battle for evangelical endorsements
- How 'intentional' are you - with yourself and with God?
- The 99 thoughts you have while listening to a sermon
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- Church leaders appeal for calm as elections approach in South Africa
- Pope falls while celebrating Mass in Poland
- Muslim doctor forced to flee Pakistan for saving Christian's life
- Animals have no souls, says Pastor Robert Jeffress
- Clinton campaign condemns Israeli flag-burning outside Democratic convention
- Analysis: How Hillary Clinton's abortion platform is the most liberal in Democrat history