Miss USA 2013 Winner is Miss Connecticut Erin Brady [VIDEO]
The winner of 2013 Miss USA pageant is Miss Alabama Mary Margaret McCord, and Miss Connecticut Erin Brady.
Miss USA 2012 Nana Meriwether handed the crown to Erin Brady, who was among the top six contestants in tonight's pageant.
Fifth runner up is Miss South Carolina. Fourth runner up is Miss Texas. Third runner up is Miss Utah. Second runner up is Miss Illinois. First runner up is Miss Alabama.
The contestants narrowed down to the top 5 finalists throughout the two-hour competition are: Miss Utah Marissa Powell, Miss Alabama Mary Margaret McCord, Miss Illinois Stacie Juris, Miss South Carolina Megan Pinckney and Miss Connecticut Erin Brady.
However, one more contestant, Miss Texas Ali Nugent, was added on as the sixth finalist based on viewers' tweets.
The finalists were narrowed down from the top 15 contestants revealed at the beginning of the pageant tonight.
The top 15 are: Miss Texas Ali Nugent, Miss Ohio Kristin Smith, Miss Louisiana Kristen Gerault, Miss South Carolina Megan Pinckney, Miss Pennsylvania Jessica Billings, Miss Alabama Mary Margaret McCord, Miss Massachusetts Sarah Kidd, Miss California Maybelynn Capeluj, Miss North Carolina Ashley Love-Mills, Miss West Virginia Chelsea Welch, Miss Maryland Kasey Staniszewski, Miss Illinois Stacie Juris, Miss Nevada Chelsea Caswell, Miss Connecticut Erin Brady and Miss Utah Marissa Powell.
The 62nd annual pageant kicked off at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino n Las Vegas at 9 p.m. ET.
Last year's winner Olivia Culpo won the Miss Universe 2012 pageant. Pageant protocol forced Culpo to "resign" from her post as Miss USA, which meant runner-up Nana Meriwether took over the crown. Tonight's pageant will see Meriwether handing her crown to her successor.
Judges for the competition are: Bob Harper from "The Biggest Loser", designer Betsey Johnson, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes, "Hot in Cleveland" star Wendie Malick, "Duck Dynasty" star Jessica Robertson, NFL star Larry Fitzgerald, former WWE Diva Nikki Bella, correspondent Mo Rocca and singer Christina Milian.
The Miss USA competition was created in 1952 and is part of the Miss Universe Organization, which is owned by Donald Trump and NBC.
Click here for the full list, photos and profile of contestants.
See below for a video of Erin Brady below.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- Finding God in the midst of suffering
- Rahab the prostitute: Was she a traitor or a heroine?
- Why going to church could be the best way of evangelising
- Tom Daley and Christian Voice: What the Twitter row really has to teach us
- Why being part of a church is not optional for Christians
- Seduction and beheading: What a dark Bible story tells us about goodness
- Why it's time to stop saying 'God has a special someone planned for you'
- The Story of Christ: Feature film shot in virtual reality to be released this Christmas
- Beauty queen thanks parents' faith in God for decision not to abort her despite her disability
- Bishops in Nigeria warn government against promoting culture of contraception, abortion
- Continued persecution: Christian leader in China gets 7 years in jail for 'harming social stability'
- Parents give the credit to God after their 16-year-old son survives deadly brain-eating amoeba
- Egypt: Knife-wielding attacker shot dead after stabbing guard at Coptic church
- Mark Driscoll hits out at polygamy and warns it could be legal within two decades