Michelle Knight released from hospital [VIDEO]; in good spirits, thanks public but asks for privacy
BREAKING – Cleveland kidnap victim Michelle Knight has been released from hospital today. Knight has remained in hospital longer than the other two victims as she required more medical attention.
However, a hospital spokesman said that Knight has asked for the public and media to respect her privacy and not contact her.
The hospital stated: "Michelle Knight is in good spirits and would like the community to know that she is extremely grateful for the outpouring of flowers and gifts. She is especially thankful for the Cleveland Courage Fund. She asks that everyone please continue to respect her privacy at this time."
Knight, 32, has been held captive by Ariel Castro for the longest time among the three victims - a total of 11 years.
She was last seen at a cousin's house near West 106th Street and Lorain Avenue in Cleveland.
Knight had required additional medical care as she was found with facial injuries and had suffered at least five miscarriages while in captivity.
She was reportedly starved and punched in her stomach whenever she fell pregnant by Castro.
Castro, 52, was charged with four counts of kidnapping on May 8. He has also been charged with raping the three women he kidnapped and held captive for around 10 years.
Knight was a single mother at the age of 20 when she was abducted by Castro. Because she was over the legal age of an adult, her case did not receive much publicity and was dismissed as a runaway case. She had vanished after losing a custody battle with child welfare authorities over her son, who was three at the time.
Some of her family members thought she had run off after losing custody of her child. However, her mother Barbara Knight who lives in Florida, never believed that her daughter would run away without a trace and continued the search for her daughter even after she moved to Florida.
Meanwhile, test results proved that Berry's six-year-old daughter Jocelyn, who was conceived while she was in captivity, belongs to Ariel Castro.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 'Supergroup' Of Chorister Kids Releases Album Of Choral Classics
- The Great Wall Review: A Boundary-Shifting Movie That Might Get Donald Trump Worried
- Why We Should Not Take Ourselves Too Seriously: 7 Fun Looks At Evangelical Christian Culture
- Why Did Jesus Ask A Blind Man If He Wanted Healing?
- A Radical Way To Buy Your Own Home - Thanks To God And Christian Mission
- 8 Moments You'll Only Understand If You're A Calvinist
- Why Trump's Rambling, Incoherent Press Conference Is So Worrying
- When Are British Bank Holidays In 2017?
- Why Christians Should Beware Of Random Acts Of Kindness
- ISIS Drowns 13 Civilians, Execute 8 Others In Mosul, Kirkuk On Charges of Collaborating With The Enemy
- Christians In Mideast Reject Trump Plan To Prioritise U.S. Resettlement Of Christian Refugees: 'Wrong Message, Wrong Policy'
- Boko Haram Has Murdered 100,000, Displaced 2 Million In War To Wipe Out Christianity In Nigeria
- Malaysia Arrests North Korean Man As Row Over Kim Jong Nam's Death Escalates
- Islamist Extremists Spill More Christian Blood In Egypt Amid Fears That More Attacks Are Forthcoming
- Mother Of Man Who Killed Pastor Turns To Christ After Church Shows Forgiveness, Compassion