Madrid air show plane crash video: 3,000 spectators watch plane explode in flames - pilot dies
A jet plane crashed into a hangar and exploded into a ball of flames at an airshow near Madrid, Spain on Sunday.
The pilot died after suffering critical injuries.
35-year-old Ladislao Tejedor Romero died of his serious injuries and burns, according to an announcement by a spokesman for Spain's Defense Ministry. He was an experienced jet pilot who had served as an assistant to Defense Minister Pedor Morenes.
The plane exploded in front of 3,000 spectators who were watching the air show at Cuatro Vientos airfield. The historic plane that crashed was one of the first jet-propelled planes made in Spain.
The aircraft, a HA-200 Saeta, was built in the 1950s as an advanced jet trainer and later given a capability to attack, according to ministry spokesman Alfredo Florenza.
Footage of the plane diving and crashing into buildings has been caught on camera. Despite the severity of the crash, no one else was severely injured in the incident.
The pilot's father reportedly had an anxiety attack after witnessing the attack, and was transferred to hospital, according to Europa Press.
The cause of the crash is not yet known.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Christian festival bingo: 14 things you'll definitely spot this summer
- 'This world still brims with glory': It's time to rediscover our sense of hope
- Paul Harcourt: It's been a difficult season for New Wine, but we've come out strong
- How Big Sam manages for success: What the Church can learn from the new England football coach
- 3 reasons why giving can be spiritually dangerous
- The one argument that might make a hardline atheist stop and think...
- China's Muslims under threat of religious persecution
- Mike Pence: the evangelical former Catholic who may yet save Donald Trump
- Soul Survivor on the move, last year for sister festival Momentum
- Ted Cruz 'not a Christian' after refusing to endorse Trump
- FBI special agent called out for omitting God from U.S. Pledge of Allegiance
- Have Western churches and governments abandoned millions of Christians in this 'fractured country'?
- Christianity is this ancient country's key to survival: Where people defend their faith 'to the last drop of blood'
- New exhibition at Durham shows spread of early Christianity in Britain
- US cardinal says Islam 'wants to govern the world'