Lupita Nyong'o Oscars acceptance speech video for Best Supporting Actress win
Lupita Nyong'o took home the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress tonight and delivered an emotional speech.
Nyong'o, who starred as Patsey in "12 Years A Slave," took to the stage to receive her award.
She stated: "It doesn't escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is due to so much pain in someone else's." The star referenced her character, who she played based on a true story.
The actress gave thanks to the cast and crew of the film, which also received the prestigious Best Film award tonight.
Others nominees for the Best Supporting Actress award were:
Jennifer Lawrence -- "American Hustle"
June Squibb -- "Nebraska"
Julia Roberts -- "August: Osage County"
Sally Hawkins -- "Blue Jasmine"
Watch a video of her acceptance speech below:
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
Ex-ISIS child soldier recalls horror of seeing kids playing with severed heads of executed prisoners
ISIS has been known to exploit children and hone them into soldiers and assets for the group. One of them was a boy named Ibrahim, a former ISIS soldier whose horrific experience with the militant group are forever etched on his mind.
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- Finding God in the midst of suffering
- Rahab the prostitute: Was she a traitor or a heroine?
- Why going to church could be the best way of evangelising
- Tom Daley and Christian Voice: What the Twitter row really has to teach us
- Why being part of a church is not optional for Christians
- Seduction and beheading: What a dark Bible story tells us about goodness
- Why it's time to stop saying 'God has a special someone planned for you'
- The Story of Christ: Feature film shot in virtual reality to be released this Christmas
- Italy death toll reaches 247 as rescue continues
- Beauty queen thanks parents' faith in God for decision not to abort her despite her disability
- Bishops in Nigeria warn government against promoting culture of contraception, abortion
- Continued persecution: Christian leader in China gets 7 years in jail for 'harming social stability'
- Parents give the credit to God after their 16-year-old son survives deadly brain-eating amoeba
- Egypt: Knife-wielding attacker shot dead after stabbing guard at Coptic church