Lupita Nyong'o Oscars acceptance speech video for Best Supporting Actress win
Lupita Nyong'o took home the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress tonight and delivered an emotional speech.
Nyong'o, who starred as Patsey in "12 Years A Slave," took to the stage to receive her award.
She stated: "It doesn't escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is due to so much pain in someone else's." The star referenced her character, who she played based on a true story.
The actress gave thanks to the cast and crew of the film, which also received the prestigious Best Film award tonight.
Others nominees for the Best Supporting Actress award were:
Jennifer Lawrence -- "American Hustle"
June Squibb -- "Nebraska"
Julia Roberts -- "August: Osage County"
Sally Hawkins -- "Blue Jasmine"
Watch a video of her acceptance speech below:
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Christian Movie Producer Mark Burnett On Ben Hur And The Forgiveness Of Christ
- Christian Gospel Star Travis Greene To Perform At Donald Trump Inauguration
- Pendant Similar To That Worn By Anne Frank Unearthed In Nazi Concentration Camp
- Four evangelistic approaches which probably don't work
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- 5 Ways To Cheer Up On Blue Monday
- God, Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Train Strikes I Cannot Change
- The Death Of John The Baptist: How To See God At Work In Tragedy
- Trump's Inauguration: Why Who Prays Is Always Controversial
- 'We See The Glass Half-Full': Aide To Palestinian President Welcomes Jared Kushner As Peace Envoy
- Christian Pastor Slams Germany's 'Kangaroo Court' Hearings Into Migrant Conversions
- South African Pastor Feeds Churchgoers Engine Fluid 'To Demonstrate The Power Of God'
- UN's Humanitarian Wing In Crisis As Major Cuts Follow Damning Review
- Religion, Faith Saw Drastic Decline Under President Obama, Pew Study Shows
- In 10 Years, Italy 'Will All Be Muslims Because of Atheism, a Weak Church, and Stupidity,' Archbishop Warns