Lupita Nyong'o Oscars acceptance speech video for Best Supporting Actress win
Lupita Nyong'o took home the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress tonight and delivered an emotional speech.
Nyong'o, who starred as Patsey in "12 Years A Slave," took to the stage to receive her award.
She stated: "It doesn't escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is due to so much pain in someone else's." The star referenced her character, who she played based on a true story.
The actress gave thanks to the cast and crew of the film, which also received the prestigious Best Film award tonight.
Others nominees for the Best Supporting Actress award were:
Jennifer Lawrence -- "American Hustle"
June Squibb -- "Nebraska"
Julia Roberts -- "August: Osage County"
Sally Hawkins -- "Blue Jasmine"
Watch a video of her acceptance speech below:
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria
- Islamist Extremists Attack Churches, Terrorise Nuns In Bid To Sabotage Church's Peace Mission In The Congo
- ISIS Brutes Hang Young Mother From Cables And Rape Her Every Day For A Month In Front Of Her Children
- Why Building A Stone Factory Near Mosul Was The Way For Open Doors To Help Hundreds Of People