Jodi Arias Trial Live Stream: Verdict Reached - Watch Online Coverage Here (VIDEO)
A verdict will be read out in the Jodi Arias trial at 4.30 p.m. ET after it was announced on Wednesday afternoon that the jurors had reached a unanimous decision. Full coverage of the build up to the verdict, as well as the verdict being read out in open court can be watched online through free live stream via the video player below.
Twelve jurors have deliberated on the case for more than 15 hours to come to their decision, but it has been announced that their final verdict is unanimous, and huge crowds are now gathering outside the court house with still an hour and a half before the verdict will be revealed.
Many had expected the eight men and four women jurors to come to a conclusion much quicker than they have, as Arias has already admitted to killing ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. However, it is believed the jurors have been mulling over the small technical details that could be the difference between first and second degree murder, as well as manslaughter. In addition, Arias's defense team has put forward their case over the past few months that Arias herself was the victim of abuse and that she acted in self-defense.
If convicted of first degree murder, Arias faces the death penalty. However, her defense will be hoping that jurors believe she killed Alexander in self-defense.
Meanwhile, if Arias is convicted of manslaughter she could be sentenced from seven to 21 years in prison, with any prison time reduced by the four-and-a-half years she has already spent in prison awaiting her trial.
Arias' boyfriend, Travis Alexander, was found dead in the bathroom of his home, with 27 stab wounds in various different parts of his body, as well as a slit throat and a gunshot wound to the head.
Arias planned the brutal killing of her boyfriend, according to prosecuting lawyers, who believe that she was fully aware of what she was doing.
However, Arias' team has said that Alexander was a bully and hypocrite, who imposed himself on Arias and forced her to fear for her life.
Arias has changed her story multiple times, adding to the prosecutors' claims that she cannot be trusted; she initially told authorities that she had nothing to do with the killing and was not even with Alexander at the time of his death.
As she was pressured more she changed her story to blame the killing on masked intruders, and then finally she admitted she had killed Alexander herself, but claimed it was self-defense.
People who try to discourage women from having abortions are now virtually considered criminals in France.
Christian Astrophysicist Sees Little Chance Of Alien Life In New Earth-Size Planets Discovered By NASA
Seven new Earths? As in seven new habitable worlds?
- The Lesson For Labour From Its Forgotten Christian Socialist Leader: For The Greater Good, Corbyn Should Resign
- Five Scriptures For When You're Feeling Confused
- The 21st Century Solution To Displaying 16th Century Luther Artefacts: Print Them In 3D
- 3 Strategies For Online Soul-Protection
- Will A Christian Film Win Best Picture? Christian Today's Oscar Predictions
- Exclusive Michael Gove Interview: On Trump Quitting Early, Not Talking To Cameron And Being A Flawed Christian
- New Planets Have Been Discovered That Could Support Alien Life. Here Are 10 Questions For Christians
- Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips
- 'I Miss My Father': Daughter Of Murdered Missionary Jim Elliot Speaks Out
- Christian Family Of ISIS Suicide Bomber Believe He Was 'Brainwashed'
- Drive-Through Ash Wednesday Blessings To Be Given Out At This Irish Church
- Opposition To Philippine's President Duterte Turn Historic Event Into Protest March
- Iraqi Forces Push Into Western Mosul And Launch Airstrikes In Syria
- Islamist Extremists Attack Churches, Terrorise Nuns In Bid To Sabotage Church's Peace Mission In The Congo
- ISIS Brutes Hang Young Mother From Cables And Rape Her Every Day For A Month In Front Of Her Children